Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway Carey looked like from memory he had a great leap I remember him taking marks over the pack on his chest once he hurt his shoulders.

I think the price each player cost is pretty similar as you point out. If Jeka can be half the player Carey was we're in business.

Style wise Carey would take high chest marks running back with the flight regularly, even pre-shoulder (pre him ditching the number 40 for 18 even). North set up their fwd line,to let him run back with the flight like that. It was almost his trademark move.

Jekka gets it at the apex of his leap though, more like Nick Riewoldt did.

Carey would also mark above his head pre shoulder, but it was normally with bent elbows even from early on, almost like he had to fight the urge to take a chest mark (his leap allowed him take pretty much anything on his chest).

Last edited:
I think the price each player cost is pretty similar as you point out. If Jeka can be half the player Carey was we're in business.

Style wise Carey would take high chest marks running back with the flight regularly, even pre-shoulder (pre him ditching the number 40 for 18 even). North set up their fwd line,to let him run back with the flight like that. It was almost his trademark move.

Jekka gets it at the apex of his leap though, more like Nick Riewoldt did.

Carey would also mark above his head pre shoulder, but it was normally with bent elbows even from early on, almost like he had to fight the urge to take a chest mark (his leap allowed him take pretty much anything on his chest).
Speaking of comparisons, I read somewhere that he models his game on Josh Kennedy (west coast).

Surely you don’t have a KPP as your sub?

It has worked for Carlton. I think it can if it is a key forward and one of your other key forwards can go back as a key defender or into the ruck, as it covers the risk of a ruck, key forward or key defender going down.

I really, really hope not. Worst gig in football. Especially if he only plays 10 minutes - then he can’t play Sunday.

Better to have a midfielder/utility in that spot.
Totally concur.
The club doesn't do much wrong but the Downie scenario in Rd.1 was a farce!
imagine if the kid never gets to debut?
You never know hat may happen on the footy field think about it before shooting me down.
It goes down he played 1 Afl Game, but did he really?

Totally concur.
The club doesn't do much wrong but the Downie scenario in Rd.1 was a farce!
imagine if the kid never gets to debut?
You never know hat may happen on the footy field think about it before shooting me down.
It goes down he played 1 Afl Game, but did he really?
And if we had of got a real injury, like it was meant for, he would have debuted, giving the supporters a look at another youngster. So hardly a farce of the clubs making.

And if your worse case scenario happens who is going to remember it anyway, let alone bring it up in ten years time?

Pretty sure Downie doesn't give a flying you know what.

But I agree that Jeka should play somewhere while his form is hot, not sit on a bench in case of injury.

Howe imo can do that, since we know what we're going to get with Howe regardless. And him sitting on the bench doesn't hurt Box Hill or our future greatly, which isn't a kind summary of Howe I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has worked for Carlton. I think it can if it is a key forward and one of your other key forwards can go back as a key defender or into the ruck, as it covers the risk of a ruck, key forward or key defender going down.
I don't think anything has worked for Carlton!

I'm gonna enjoy his debut, I've seen him a little like Gunston and I'll say this there is no doubt at all Kosi has been taught Gunna's lines to get free.

Together who knows, but together can it be worse than what we have again who knows. Enjoy it, Enjoy it for Emerson hope for the best I will be, I'm more hoping we get it up there and if we don't don't blame TOB sorry Emerson. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back