Toast Welcome to Hawthorn, Finn Maginness “absolute Hawthorn nuffie” and a Hawk to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Good analysis, Kennedy showed glimpses early on but went missing for long periods as most young players do. You do get the sense with Finn that when it does click as it did with Kennedy we are going to see a clearance beast who will run all day (and very quickly)
Agreed. I think once he plays a couple of times against the likes of your Dangerfield, Dusty, Cripps types he'll know what is needed to succeed and how he can utilise his already developed physical attributes. Like any rookie once he gets past the whole 'geez I'm playing against guys I grew up watching' he'll soon feel like he belongs.

It's been said a couple of times already but that really was a baptism of fire for Finn. Playing against a midfield as deep and as strong in the contest/clearances as the Doggies. Great first up experience for the young bloke to go head to head with Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Smith, Libba, etc.

He had Bont hung drawn and quartered with that holding the ball too. What a shame the umps have forgotten how to umpire this year.

Agreed. The Dogs bat extremely deep through the middle and are outstanding around the contest. I'm hoping he'll find a tiring Suns a different prospect this week. It'd be nice to get some good touches and take some real confidence into 2021.
It's been said a couple of times already but that really was a baptism of fire for Finn. Playing against a midfield as deep and as strong in the contest/clearances as the Doggies. Great first up experience for the young bloke to go head to head with Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Smith, Libba, etc.

He had Bont hung drawn and quartered with that holding the ball too. What a shame the umps have forgotten how to umpire this year.

I hope he gets another go this week. Scully will be a return this week for much needed outside run so I’ll be disappointed if Maginness makes way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see another debut this week though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and here I say that I welcome Mr Finn McGuinnes I don't know if this is spelt right but he knows who he is..

love the connection and hope you are as good as your dad or else that you are as good as yourself..

glad to have you on board..

He was spoken about like a big talent who could make an immediate contribution but was gifted a solitary game late in the season, in which he showed very little.

A disappointing season from someone who is physically "ready-made" for senior football.
If the tin-pot Kangaroos didn't make a premature bid on him, we would have taken him in the third round - and that would've been about right for what he has shown so far.

He was spoken about like a big talent who could make an immediate contribution but was gifted a solitary game late in the season, in which he showed very little.

A disappointing season from someone who is physically "ready-made" for senior football.
If the tin-pot Kangaroos didn't make a premature bid on him, we would have taken him in the third round - and that would've been about right for what he has shown so far.
Pretty harsh, not everyone comes out of the box ready to go in year 1

He was up against a red hot Bulldogs midfield in that solitary game. It was also his first “proper” game in many months.

What you have written is a bit rough. His performance was very similar to Worpel’s debut but in harder conditions.

Dude, relax.

What a rubbish post

I hope you last longer in bed. talk about premature-encapsulation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back