Toast Welcome to Hawthorn, Finn Maginness “absolute Hawthorn nuffie” and a Hawk to 2025

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Videos unavailable to me. :(
I just watched them and the kid indeed plays like a Josh Kennedy Jnr clone.

He talked about his best game of the year, Vic Metro V Allies and going head to head with Green the gun GWS draftee as he racked up 28 possies and lots of contested possessions.

Also talked about one of the the best day of his life going with his dad to the 2008 GF and how much support his dad has given him.

Also loved his quotes "I have been a Hawk supporter all my life" and it "would be a dream come true if the Hawks pick me"

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Can't wait to see his first official interview in our colours.

I have a great feeling about Finn.
The kid comes across as very level headed and speaks well, not to mention he has a very nice build on him already.

His love of the Hawks is very very apparent.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seems a real steal - big bodied midfielder with athleticism, who can go forward. It is exactly what we have been lacking and he will have terrific mentors in Sam Mitchell, not to mention Tom Mitchell, Jaeger and Worpel.

His stocks rose late in year similar to Clayton Oliver a few years back but the father/son and academy players just don't get the bids they should, so those clubs benefit two-fold. All decent (amateur) draft watchers / journos had him top 20 pick at least and we got him for f*ck all.

wheelie_hawk

Senior List
Oct 7, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I am beyond excited! The Maginness Family have had a profound impact on me. Finn's Grandma Pam, Mrs Maginness (RIP so sad you didn't get to see this day) taught me in prep in the 80's. I met Scott at school & after Mrs Maginness' successful brainwashing myself (& half a dozen others) became hawks mad!

For most people perhaps not that remarkable, but my family, both immediate and extended are the least sporting bunch of people going around. Since the late 80's I have been a hawks fanatic and sports nut, both of which give me enormous joy and solace dealing with many tough times.

I am so greatful to have landed in Mrs Maginness' class, I don't know who I would have been without the hawks and sport...

Welcome to the hawks 3M!

razarback

Debutant
Feb 14, 2007
space
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Force
I am beyond excited! The Maginness Family have had a profound impact on me. Finn's Grandma Pam, Mrs Maginness (RIP so sad you didn't get to see this day) taught me in prep in the 80's. I met Scott at school & after Mrs Maginness' successful brainwashing myself (& half a dozen others) became hawks mad!

For most people perhaps not that remarkable, but my family, both immediate and extended are the least sporting bunch of people going around. Since the late 80's I have been a hawks fanatic and sports nut, both of which give me enormous joy and solace dealing with many tough times.

I am so greatful to have landed in Mrs Maginness' class, I don't know who I would have been without the hawks and sport...

Welcome to the hawks 3M!
Fantastic 👍

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Already got my nick name sorted for the kid.
Will be yelling it loud & proud in M10 when the lad makes his debut on the G.
Welcome home Finn.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here are some of his highlights

Kicks to advantage well and looks to have time in the contest.

Has future leader written all over him. Speaks very well and a good head on his shoulders. Is terrific in the contest and will provide some added grunt and ball winning ability to complement TOM, Jaeger and Worps. Have a great feeling about this boy.

Back