30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Fantastic news!
The fact we have our own scouting system and have chased this kid makes me particularly hopeful.
Hard to find vision, but YouTubed him and was impressed - needs to trim down a bit, but has real presence.

Cant wait to see him soaked in energy drink singing the club song

JZedd

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love the combination of Gaelic and Rugby background, it's as close as you can get to the full AFL skillset without actually playing AFL. I wish him all the best!
Number 10
This is a really interesting signing. He plays 10, which is the main playmaker position on the rugby field, which means he has high level decision making and play reading skills, especially in close confines. It would *seem* to suit an inside/outside midfielder type. Which is pretty great.
Elite decision making, speed, endurance and kicks with both feet. And probably is more mature now. Add also his high standards of professionalism.
Thrilled. He has every tool/weapon to thrive at AFL.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
"Standing at 186cm tall and weighing in at 81kg, the 19-year-old O’Hara possesses the rare combination of elite speed and endurance."

He probably needs to put on some muscle. Welcome to the club and hope to see you in the brown and gold!

Get him on the Liver King diet

Sounds like an exciting young talent who has all the right attributes to make it. As someone said above, the combination of Gaelic and Rugby skillset will prove important to transitioning to AFL.

Wish the young man all the best. Welcome aboard!

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can we allow this guy more than 25 games to ‘get it’? After all were supposed to be rebuilding but posters turn on players well before they play 25 games, and want the new toys played instead

rinse and repeat

What if he's absolute dogs balls, can I have a craic about him then? ;) :rainbow:

Back