Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
It sounds like theres a few hoops to jump through.
They probably didnt know the border opening situation the quarantine etc.
Sounds like he is training with Connor Nash over there until Jan
Probably Xmas with the family to reduce homesickness too

Braidz

All Australian
Sep 9, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not here til January which is a bit disappointing.
Christmas with the family is huge in Ireland. That’s when most of the Irish living in Australia start to get really homesick. I wouldn’t expect him to be playing seniors for awhile anyway. Looks like a pretty professional kid already. Sure Nash will show him what’s expected until January

Slainte

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seems to have a cool head, good leg speed and lateral moment as well as good decision making. Looks like a similar type to Glass but an upgrade. Glass was not far away from making it. I reckon O'Hara has to be a chance to debut in 2022. We are accumulating a lot of run outside the draft which has to make Gibcus, Andrew and Rochele possible first picks in the draft.

Hoping he develops into a mix of Tom Mitchell & Dusty Martin, with a touch of Max Gawn & Cyril Rioli.

burger09

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Let's be honest.

We have know idea what this kid will be.

We know he can run. That's about it.

Fingers crossed, we need a few more rolls of the dice come up. Bramble, Newcome, Reeves, CJ maybe this Irish kid.

Looking forward to seeing him at Box Hill. He's coming from a long way back but It's been done before. I'd like to know the ratio of Irish imports who have played 100 plus games of AFL.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Let's be honest.

Fingers crossed, we need a few more rolls of the dice come up. Bramble, Newcome, Reeves, CJ maybe this Irish kid.

Looking forward to seeing him at Box Hill. He's coming from a long way back but It's been done before. I'd like to know the ratio of Irish imports who have played 100 plus games of AFL.
Did you watch the footage? Know's where to run to, direct other players, hits up targets in good positions, is evasive and has good game sense. We just have to translate that to AFL.

burger09

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did you watch the footage? Know's where to run to, direct other players, hits up targets in good positions, is evasive and has good game sense. We just have to translate that to AFL.
I also saw him fumble and put team mates under the pump with poor hand passes. They would have been crunched in AFL.

Good stuff as well, but no one knows if he will make it. Good luck to him, seems a good kid.

Last edited:

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Let's be honest.

Honest scepticism on your part. Have to agree.
He is an athlete who appears to make good decisions. My spy tells me Geelong are crowing about their Irish win but reckons our bloke will be as good.

Back