List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

cryptor

Premium Gold
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Almost. If you win a free kick you are awarded a contested possession. If a team mate takes advantage or takes the free kick you don’t get a disposal.
Also if you gain possession but you end up taking the ball out of bounds. Or you mark it and then the siren blows and you just give the ball back to the umpire without trying to kick it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brant

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Padbury; WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Pepper had 16 disposals, 8 contested 9 uncontested
No. You've got it around the wrong way. 17 possessions, 16 disposals. Got the ball 17 times, but only legally disposed it 16 of those times.
Still reckon my :think: applies.

How does one have 8 contested & 9 uncontested DISPOSALS? Tackled 8x whilst disposing of it?

Contested & Uncontested POSSESSIONS may have made more sense.

StevieDewar

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Trailblazers, Liverpool, 49ers
Still reckon my :think: applies.

How does one have 8 contested & 9 uncontested DISPOSALS? Tackled 8x whilst disposing of it?

Contested & Uncontested POSSESSIONS may have made more sense.
Apologies I should have written 8 contested and 9 uncontested possessions

Davo-27

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2006
Northern Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melb Victory + Melb Storm
Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base.

Pepper is a strong bodied, wide shouldered, medium height flanker, he is good at half back and half forw and is a certainty to get drafted(which i predictd in the pre-season), he could go anywhere in the second half of the draft, strong in the air, runs good lines, his disposal is a bit messy at times, which holds him back a little, but he is a talent we want at our club, he is a physical beast also btw.

Garner our other 2019 NGA is unlikely to be drafted, Tom Graham our other F/S is unlikely to be drafted

Conor Downie is a nice prospect for 2020, although he was a bit flat in his debut championship game, he looks to be around a 2nd rounder for 2020 imo.

Brant

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Padbury; WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base.

Pepper is a strong bodied, wide shouldered, medium height flanker, he is good at half back and half forw and is a certainty to get drafted(which i predictd in the pre-season), he could go anywhere in the second half of the draft, strong in the air, runs good lines, his disposal is a bit messy at times, which holds him back a little, but he is a talent we want at our club, he is a physical beast also btw.

Garner our other 2019 NGA is unlikely to be drafted, Tom Graham our other F/S is unlikely to be drafted

Conor Downie is a nice prospect for 2020, although he was a bit flat in his debut championship game, he looks to be around a 2nd rounder for 2020 imo.
Can Downie nominate for this DRAFT or too young?

What position does he play?

Davo-27

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2006
Northern Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melb Victory + Melb Storm
Can Downie nominate for this DRAFT or too young?

What position does he play?
no he is in the 2020 draft pool, he plays half back/wing, but maybe in his draft year next season he might get a run in midfield? (he is averaging 19 disposals a game and a goal a game as an underager)

wahawk

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2006
sorrento wa
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I went along & watched WA V VIC Metro

Said to my mate that Finn looks like he could play AFL next season, along with Anderson & Rowell

Also thought Trey Ruscoe from WA was very good & would be ready to go.

Jeremy Sharp got talked up a fair bit but I thought his disposal was very ordinary. I’m not sure what his eff % were but it was more luck &/or skill from his team mates if it was effective
WA have some very good footballers in that side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mustang

All Australian
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Do we have any talls in our Academy coming through next year or the year after or only midfielders.

Gerry19

Debutant
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base."

Don't stress i think the club are aware of the fact he'll get nominated prob before our second rounder, hence the interest in Bonar etc. Well trade our second rounder and for that player then use point from later picks on Finn. No point in keeping the pick now.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base."

Don't stress i think the club are aware of the fact he'll get nominated prob before our second rounder, hence the interest in Bonar etc. Well trade our second rounder and for that player then use point from later picks on Finn. No point in keeping the pick now.
Or find another trade to keep us with a number of options, but you make a very good point. This thing will be very fluid.

Gerry19

Debutant
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Or find another trade to keep us with a number of options, but you make a very good point. This thing will be very fluid.
Gonna be fun, i bet if we finish with a top 5 pick we'll trade with GWS for players and pick swaps that give us multiple picks/players and allow them to get a draft pick higher enough before a bid on Tom Green comes, that way they will get two top ten talents and prob give us theirs and essendons pick + Bonar.

Top Bottom