Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I'm heading to the Tassie Devils v Oakleigh Chargers for a look on Saturday. Anyone there I should keep an eye on?

for Tassie theres a few playing this weekend, i like #35 Viney in their backline, but mostly their underagers for the 2020 draft, #3 Davis(inside mid), #13 Collins(defender), #25 Callow(forw), #17 P Walker(hb), #31 Menzie(utility)

for Oakleigh most are playing school footy unfortunately, heres a few to look out for though #5 Bianco(hb/mid)), #22 Graham(forw) is our F/S, #1 Westwood(mid/sml forw) i thought he was good in last years GF, for 2020 draft #12 Jenkins(hb/mid) is a decent prospect also

theres a few others but they are the main ones imo, i expect Tassie to win because Oakleighs depth isnt a strength this year, unfortunately you miss out on seeing Rowell, Anderson and D.Williams their best players, but you do see Bianco a highly talented player

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks
Jared Dakin for Tassie Devils if he's playing.
for Tassie theres a few playing this weekend, i like #35 Viney in their backline, but mostly their underagers for the 2020 draft, #3 Davis(inside mid), #13 Collins(defender), #25 Callow(forw), #17 P Walker(hb), #31 Menzie(utility)

for Oakleigh most are playing school footy unfortunately, heres a few to look out for though #5 Bianco(hb/mid)), #22 Graham(forw) is our F/S, #1 Westwood(mid/sml forw) i thought he was good in last years GF, for 2020 draft #12 Jenkins(hb/mid) is a decent prospect also

theres a few others but they are the main ones imo, i expect Tassie to win because Oakleighs depth isnt a strength this year, unfortunately you miss out on seeing Rowell, Anderson and D.Williams their best players, but you do see Bianco a highly talented player

Thanks Worpedo Watch and Davo-27, that will keep me interested. I will try and put up a bit of a report after the game. Likely not until Sunday as I have a busy Saturday with the Devils Game, then my daughters netball (which again clashes with the Hawks!), then Southern Huskies Basketball. Should be a good day!

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Thanks Worpedo Watch and Davo-27, that will keep me interested. I will try and put up a bit of a report after the game. Likely not until Sunday as I have a busy Saturday with the Devils Game, then my daughters netball (which again clashes with the Hawks!), then Southern Huskies Basketball. Should be a good day!

yea i have enjoyed watching u/18 footy the last couple of years, you usually get less umpire intervention meaning you wont leave annoyed that some idiots in green have ruined the contest, also the skills are decent and you can usually spot the good from the bad seeing as you have players that are good enough to be playing AFL right now but cant(Tim Watson played good footy at AFL level as a 15 year old for example), versus guys that wont make it to the high Amateurs so there can be a stark difference in skills at times.

btw i think #23 D.Williams is playing for Oakleigh

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
yea i have enjoyed watching u/18 footy the last couple of years, you usually get less umpire intervention meaning you wont leave annoyed that some idiots in green have ruined the contest, also the skills are decent and you can usually spot the good from the bad seeing as you have players that are good enough to be playing AFL right now but cant(Tim Watson played good footy at AFL level as a 15 year old for example), versus guys that wont make it to the high Amateurs so there can be a stark difference in skills at times.

btw i think #23 D.Williams is playing for Oakleigh
Thank s Davo.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it. It’s about time our Tassie boys played in this comp, so I am really interested to see some up an coming youngsters go about it.

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

I had a good day watching this yesterday, and thanks for the heads up on a few to keep an eye on.

Firstly, Bianco had a huge game. Clearly BOG. He just racked up possies all day. Kicks with both feet without thinking. In fact it took us a while to work out his preferred. Luckily he had it over 40 times. Looked a little more outside to me, but also found his own footy at times.

Graham didn’t have a great day at all. He is a nice size though, so hopefully he just had a mare yesterday. Westwood had a reasonable game too.

For Tassie, I really liked the look of Collins. He played half back, but looks like he could run through the middle too. Strong overhead and doesn’t mind backing into packs. Had him clearly in Tassie’s best. Mansell, Davis and Walker next best and impressed. Didn’t notice Viney personally but he made best players, so could have had a job on one of their forwards?

I didn’t realise there is no tagging in the U18’s, as I was surprised Tassie didn’t put a bit more work into Bianco, but what a great idea. Let the good players play, that’s what the fans want to see.

Will go again in a fortnight when Tassie play the Stingrays.

Fatrollo

Senior List
Oct 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
He didn't get it much but there's something to like about Pepper. Just the way he moved and the quick decision making - though he did have a couple of poor kicks as well. Seemed like he applied decent pressure up front as well, so possibly looking towards late-draft next year.

Maginness didn't stand out for Metro, but then again outside of their big two, no one did. Didn't have a clear point of difference but it was also far from the kind of game where players can clearly stand out. 9 tackles is testament to his workrate though.

#10 Harrison Pepper

The Hawthorn NGA prospect took time to get into the contest from the wing, but got busy in the second quarter. He won a couple of excellent one on one ground balls, using his frame to advantage and got the ball forward on each occasion. His kicking and decision making was tentative at times, especially during the third term when he took a mark 30 metres out from goal and floated a short pass to the disadvantage of a teammate 15-20 metres away. He has worked extremely hard on his running capacity over the last 12 months or so and that has resulted in excellent on-field improvement. He will be better for the run at the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back