List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost. If you win a free kick you are awarded a contested possession. If a team mate takes advantage or takes the free kick you don’t get a disposal.
Also if you gain possession but you end up taking the ball out of bounds. Or you mark it and then the siren blows and you just give the ball back to the umpire without trying to kick it.

Pepper had 16 disposals, 8 contested 9 uncontested
No. You've got it around the wrong way. 17 possessions, 16 disposals. Got the ball 17 times, but only legally disposed it 16 of those times.
Still reckon my :think: applies.

How does one have 8 contested & 9 uncontested DISPOSALS? Tackled 8x whilst disposing of it?

Contested & Uncontested POSSESSIONS may have made more sense.

How does one have 8 contested & 9 uncontested DISPOSALS? Tackled 8x whilst disposing of it?

Never heard of a contested or uncontested disposal.

Apologies I should have written 8 contested and 9 uncontested possessions

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base.

Pepper is a strong bodied, wide shouldered, medium height flanker, he is good at half back and half forw and is a certainty to get drafted(which i predictd in the pre-season), he could go anywhere in the second half of the draft, strong in the air, runs good lines, his disposal is a bit messy at times, which holds him back a little, but he is a talent we want at our club, he is a physical beast also btw.

Garner our other 2019 NGA is unlikely to be drafted, Tom Graham our other F/S is unlikely to be drafted

Conor Downie is a nice prospect for 2020, although he was a bit flat in his debut championship game, he looks to be around a 2nd rounder for 2020 imo.

Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base.

Pepper is a strong bodied, wide shouldered, medium height flanker, he is good at half back and half forw and is a certainty to get drafted(which i predictd in the pre-season), he could go anywhere in the second half of the draft, strong in the air, runs good lines, his disposal is a bit messy at times, which holds him back a little, but he is a talent we want at our club, he is a physical beast also btw.

Garner our other 2019 NGA is unlikely to be drafted, Tom Graham our other F/S is unlikely to be drafted

Conor Downie is a nice prospect for 2020, although he was a bit flat in his debut championship game, he looks to be around a 2nd rounder for 2020 imo.
Can Downie nominate for this DRAFT or too young?

What position does he play?

I went along & watched WA V VIC Metro

Said to my mate that Finn looks like he could play AFL next season, along with Anderson & Rowell

Also thought Trey Ruscoe from WA was very good & would be ready to go.

Jeremy Sharp got talked up a fair bit but I thought his disposal was very ordinary. I’m not sure what his eff % were but it was more luck &/or skill from his team mates if it was effective
WA have some very good footballers in that side

Wingnut19

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base."

Don't stress i think the club are aware of the fact he'll get nominated prob before our second rounder, hence the interest in Bonar etc. Well trade our second rounder and for that player then use point from later picks on Finn. No point in keeping the pick now.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Finn Maginness could go late first round the way he is going in the champs (but most have him going mid 20's and im hoping thats where he drops for our sake), has looked at home in the higher level of footy, really good signs for a possible debut next season imo, there was a kick across field that hit his team mate on the tit and i was thinking to myself, he could be playing AFL right now if he has the fitness base."

Don't stress i think the club are aware of the fact he'll get nominated prob before our second rounder, hence the interest in Bonar etc. Well trade our second rounder and for that player then use point from later picks on Finn. No point in keeping the pick now.

Or find another trade to keep us with a number of options, but you make a very good point. This thing will be very fluid.

Wingnut19

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Or find another trade to keep us with a number of options, but you make a very good point. This thing will be very fluid.
Gonna be fun, i bet if we finish with a top 5 pick we'll trade with GWS for players and pick swaps that give us multiple picks/players and allow them to get a draft pick higher enough before a bid on Tom Green comes, that way they will get two top ten talents and prob give us theirs and essendons pick + Bonar.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gonna be fun, i bet if we finish with a top 5 pick we'll trade with GWS for players and pick swaps that give us multiple picks/players and allow them to get a draft pick higher enough before a bid on Tom Green comes, that way they will get two top ten talents and prob give us theirs and essendons pick + Bonar.

I think its almost a given at the moment. Looking at our draw is enough to cause cold sweats. But I'm ok with a down year, we'll do much more with pick 3, 4 or 5 than we could with pick 9 or 10,.

Thanks for this post, I was just assuming we would use our first pick on the best kid out there but this makes a lot more sense, especially if Finn keeps moving up the draft.

phreeze77

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aren’t they thinking of changing the nga rules this year ?

As soon as it seems clubs can get a free hit like Sydney did with Mills and Heeney , we can’t have that.

Whilst I agree with the concept that nga should be for players otherwise that haven’t grown up with the game and have a hard time getting support and development programs ... how were Heeney and Mills disadvantaged as kids ?

It’s too late. You took away the nsw scholarship from interstate clubs so you could prop up Sydney and GWS. You gave us a flimsy academy .. as soon as it starts to bare fruit , let’s repeal it.

AFL is Corrupt.

Aren’t they thinking of changing the nga rules this year ?

As soon as it seems clubs can get a free hit like Sydney did with Mills and Heeney , we can’t have that.

Whilst I agree with the concept that nga should be for players otherwise that haven’t grown up with the game and have a hard time getting support and development programs ... how were Heeney and Mills disadvantaged as kids ?

It’s too late. You took away the nsw scholarship from interstate clubs so you could prop up Sydney and GWS. You gave us a flimsy academy .. as soon as it starts to bare fruit , let’s repeal it.

AFL is Corrupt.
Changing the rules how? To what?

Can you link this to an article etc.?

phreeze77

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Changing the rules how? To what?

Can you link this to an article etc.?

Some Clubs are up in arms that clubs get a free hit with matching bids for players like Tarryn Thomas , Isaac quaynor ... something to do with these players would get drafted regardless of academies.

I’ll have to dig around ... can’t recall if it was radio commentary that this will be reviewed at seasons end.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Some Clubs are up in arms that clubs get a free hit with matching bids for players like Tarryn Thomas , Isaac quaynor ... something to do with these players would get drafted regardless of academies...

All clubs should be up in arms. The whole point should be to help those that need it but how do you quanitfy disadvantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back