List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think Will Langford was ever considered a jet when he was a junior. Was a rookie selection
His youngest brother was supposedly the pick of the bunch but ultimately wasn’t interested in a footy career.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t think Will Langford was ever considered a jet when he was a junior. Was a rookie selection
Yes but we used to hear the old “the youngest is the pick of the lot” which, in 2014 at least, seemed pretty exciting. Turned out of course the bar set by Will wasn’t very high but the brothers got progressively worse, not better.

Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes but we used to hear the old “the youngest is the pick of the lot” which, in 2014 at least, seemed pretty exciting. Turned out of course the bar set by Will wasn’t very high but the brothers got progressively worse, not better.
But who could forget that granny against the swines. Terrible kick for goal but gave 100 percent every time. If he could kick straight I’d have him over the pop

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His youngest brother was supposedly the pick of the bunch but ultimately wasn’t interested in a footy career.

Yeah he wasn’t a bad player. Chose medicine over footy if I remember correctly. Tough to be a surgeon with busted hands

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arizona DiamondBacks
Agreed. Pleasingly headed in opposite direction to the Dears, Langfords, Jarman etc who were reported as jets until they turned out to be duds in their draft years

Isn’t there another Dear in the pipe line

Not a father son, but an academy boy:

#37 Harrison Pepper

The Vic Country representative played arguably his best game of the season, picking off balls from half back for fun and rebounded with vigour. He read the drop of a pack ball brilliantly in the first term, in which he hit up a teammate inside 50 that started things off for him. A great smother, pick up and intercept in the second term earned an applause from the crowd, as he continued to find himself with the ball when it mattered. He was efficient and made really sound decisions, ending with an impressive 25 disposals and seven rebounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Soft as malaxos

Cancelled
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
H Pepper best on ground again yesterday for Gippsland. Someone’s gonna call his name, we’ll match it for sure. Other than kicking efficiency he’s bloody good in every area.
I'm not sure about efficiency but I remember reading that he was a long kick (lefty, from memory) & the one time I did see him on TV, he used it quite effectively in crossing from one side of the field to the other (switching play) & getting it quickly up to the wing.

From what I saw, he played loose, deep in defence & was involved a bit when they rebounded by foot. Seemed OK, but not much to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back