Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

The then-19-year-old had the confidence – but also the smarts – to make regular trips to Clarkson's office to eke all he could out of Hawthorn's legendary coach in his first season.

Morrison used all that know-how to earn himself a debut in Round 23 last year and further impress himself on Clarkson with 21 disposals and six marks in a composed display.

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-08-09/behind-harrys-rising-star-nom

Very smart Harry :D:cool:

The then-19-year-old had the confidence – but also the smarts – to make regular trips to Clarkson's office to eke all he could out of Hawthorn's legendary coach in his first season.

Morrison used all that know-how to earn himself a debut in Round 23 last year and further impress himself on Clarkson with 21 disposals and six marks in a composed display.

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-08-09/behind-harrys-rising-star-nom

Very smart Harry :D:cool:
Love the confidence of that. And the intelligence

unnamed (5).gif

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
against Sydney he was doing well to get into good positions all game, his first half was a little sloppy with his possessions and so his influence was more to stop the tide of sydney dominance similar to Impey, they both werent using the ball perfectly but they were stopping the tide, in the second half Morrison was still in good positions, but this time he started using the ball better and ended up being a huge influence in that last quarter, he is developing well, with another pre-season and some more experience under his belt he should be a solid player and like people are saying a huge find at pick 74...

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The kids a star seems to be very eager to learn aswell. He was classy in his junior days but always averaged low possession numbers but everytime he got the ball something happened. I had concerns that he would struggle to find it even more in the afl and being so small, but his uncontested work has come on in leaps and bounds.

He is one player where I love bigfooty judging our youth they see him as pick 74 and instantly cross him off as being no good without watching a game . Not many I would take before him in that draft now

Didn't Clarko predict this last year?
Preseason.

He said said that although we had only seen him for 1 game he believed that he had the attributes to be a very very good player, and possibly even an A grade player in time.

High praise, but I can see it.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Preseason.

He said said that although we had only seen him for 1 game he believed that he had the attributes to be a very very good player, and possibly even an A grade player in time.

Clarko's not one to dish praise out like that unless he sees something.
I am really excited about what our youngsters are showing. I noticed the emotion showed by Harry, Hardwick, Burton and Nash was muchgreater than Poppy, Rough and Gunners. The finals experience will be great for them.

Preseason.

I wondered if he was just trying to sell us supporters hope at the time, kid can play though

Back