Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another thing I loved is that he wanted to be 'the guy' at the end of the game. You don't always see that in a young player. It didn't come off in every play but he wanted to be the player with the ball in his hands with the chance to make the key pass and the player to kick the winning goal with the game on the line. Combine that sort of attitude with his skill-set and I'd be shocked if he doesn't play 150+ games barring injury.

You know what I see in Harry most of all, and I've seen it ever since that smother he affected in his first game with the Hawks last year?

Burgoyne, and it was perfect because that's exactly who was with him in stride laying the smother as well. There's a class and silkiness about Harry that Burgoyne has, the willingness to smother and do the little things that makes a club great. Obviously Harry doesn't have that natural strength and power that Burgoyne does but the footy knack and class are there to be seen.

He's still only 19 - Clarko knew what he was doing saying that Harry could be an A-grader, because gee wiz the way he played out that last quarter was reminiscent of Silk.

You know what I see in Harry most of all, and I've seen it ever since that smother he affected in his first game with the Hawks last year?

Burgoyne, and it was perfect because that's exactly who was with him in stride laying the smother as well. There's a class and silkiness about Harry that Burgoyne has, the willingness to smother and do the little things that makes a club great. Obviously Harry doesn't have that natural strength and power that Burgoyne does but the footy knack and class are there to be seen.

He's still only 19 - Clarko knew what he was doing saying that Harry could be an A-grader, because gee wiz the way he played out that last quarter was reminiscent of Silk.
He could have finished the game with 3 clutch goals. He put one wide and then had another touched when the game was on the line. Another 20 games under his belt and he will nail those. Was very close to our best in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genius of the club to give him a week off a few weeks ago.

Has come back to form.

Expect HaMo (19) and Worps (19) are now part of the best 22, joining other youngsters in Hardwick (21) , Burto (21), Howe (22), Siss (23), Impey (23)... expect next year they may be joined by Glass (20), Cousins (20) and Nash (20)...

Speed is overrated. Some of the best footballers have been "slow". One used to wear the 5.

If not Harry, I can't see anyone else getting the 5

Doesn't play in the guts though, is more link than fishing it out brilliantly from a pile...
It's a superstar number, just like 23 and 9, so would be great to give it to magneto level player.

Congrats to Harry on your performance this year.

Since 2019, I've been quick to point out (what I consider) your lack of positive physical attributes & you're displaying the old adage 'that 90% of footy is played above the shoulders' (or whatever it is). Very smart player (I've always said that), playing to your strengths & bringing your mates into it - top effort.

Another very cool performance - good on you Harry!

Last edited:
Starting to stick some tackles this year too after previous seasons would get brushed aside. Laid 4 today. Worked hard today as the link man and in general his disposal is quite good going forward. Generally seems composed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back