Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

Disposal generally ok but can butcher it at times and use the dump kick when he should get more creative.

Has been a great find this season and importantly hits the scoreboard. Hope he can develop more class with ball use as he will be quite a complete player.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Disposal generally ok but can butcher it at times and use the dump kick when he should get more creative.

Has been a great find this season and importantly hits the scoreboard. Hope he can develop more class with ball use as he will be quite a complete player.

Would love him to be able to add a few kegs as well. Think that would help his game, as long as it did not slow him down.

Thought it was interesting that he credited his work with the club psychologist as being a significant part of the reason behind his improvement this season. Not sure I've heard much recognition of their work since probably Roughy when he had the goal kicking yips.

The mental side of sport is such an underrated facet and I'm glad it's been such a focus for the club recently.

He’s outpaced once it’s a foot race. That’s the only issue I have with him.

he’s doing a lot right.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I think the kid has a very high ceiling- can become an A-grader in the future.
Is having a quality season and I rate his ball-use as some of the best on our list currently. Also doesn't only kick long up and unders which is nice.

I just don't see that level of ceiling, I see him as a honest trier that does a lot right but has a limited ceiling. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just don't see that level of ceiling, I see him as a honest trier that does a lot right but has a limited ceiling. Be interesting to see how it pans out.
Tbh I think the only thing stopping him from getting there is leg speed. He's a great user of the pill, he's a strong tackler, he gets into good places, he's just a little weak through the core and doesn't have the strongest engine yet imo. I think he'll be on our list for at least the next two seasons quite comfortably, it'll just depend if he can improve his deficits effectively.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Tbh I think the only thing stopping him from getting there is leg speed. He's a great user of the pill, he's a strong tackler, he gets into good places, he's just a little weak through the core and doesn't have the strongest engine yet imo. I think he'll be on our list for at least the next two seasons quite comfortably, it'll just depend if he can improve his deficits effectively.

I lost faith in him last year but he has really taken a giant step this year. For pick a player taken at pick 75 he has been really good

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If he can work on his sprint training to increase his agility, would help make him a real weapon. Only thing he lacks is a step

Has improved and has been consistent this year. Still guilty of the dump kick but still developing so should be able to correct that.

My main issue with him is that in our current midfield his lack of zip off the mark compounds our major problem which is the lack of spread. He is young enough to be around when the mix in the midfield has changed for the better and he can be a smart and damaging outside player. By this time he should be more damaging by foot and better at tackling and standing up in the tackle. His lack of zip should be less of a liability when we have more class and speed in the middle which should see his stocks rise.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If anyone can make him get the best out of his game, it’s Sammy Mitchell, both weren’t blessed with speed but if he can get Harry Morrison to work as hard he did, will see good things

Back