Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to get him for reportedly next to nothing, but I hope he can develop more an all around game for us. He needs different avenues to impact when the game isn't going his way.

As a base we need his tackles per game to go from 1 to a minimum of 3, and for his pressure acts to go from 9 to about 15. Once he's got that stuff covered the goals should take care of themselves.

I'm a big a fan of ginnivan, and sad to see him go, but I'll never begrudge a player for securing their future

A 40 goal forward in his first year when we actually played him, I feel like he has the potential to be anything

Was apparently a hawks fan when he was younger and I feel like it's the perfect fit for him. I think Mitchell will reign in his bad habits while still allowing him the freedom to be a bit of a wild card

Good luck Ginny and well done hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big a fan of ginnivan, and sad to see him go, but I'll never begrudge a player for securing their future

A 40 goal forward in his first year when we actually played him, I feel like he has the potential to be anything

Was apparently a hawks fan when he was younger and I feel like it's the perfect fit for him. I think Mitchell will reign in his bad habits while still allowing him the freedom to be a bit of a wild card

Good luck Ginny and well done hawks
Nice to deal with a club that gets things done. Not like these other campaigners haggling over 3rd round picks.

I'm excited! I've been posting about targetting him this trade period since he first got dropped (hopeful as it made sense more than confident). I think it's a very astute get for us and for the cost of a modest pick downgrade, is a very good bit of business.

Under no illusions that he still has limitations and stuff to work on (he may well not make it) but to get a player in the right age bracket for our list (20), in a position of signficant need who has already demonstrated an ability to kick 50+ goals across his 2 seasons to date is very, very good. The chances that the equivalent draft selection outperforms him is very slim.

Well done Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back