Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

I always wanted Strauchanie at the Hawks.

In all seriousness, I'm ******* wrapt with this. Have acquired a talented, relatively established premiership small forward at a clearance price. Best of all, he's still a kid at 20. Not concerned about the off-field stuff; Mitch/Rats will beat that out of him pretty quickly.

Sicily, Maginness, Ginnivan on each line.. Quite the trifecta of shithousery.
We really need DGB to come good and we’ll have the quadie.

Not many head high free kicks for goals in that package. One thing that stands out is his kicking around the body is elite. So good.
Can roost one from 50m out also.
Great pickup
That's what I noticed. Think I saw one.

If we can bring the ball to ground and get it quickly to our F50, he is going to clean up!

Surprised at the sycophantic praise from hawks fans here. I’d always held this forum with a bit more AFL IQ than the typical club forum, and if I was a Hawks fan I’d be super nervous the Hawks have inherited a liability here.

The rate Collingwood delicately shipped him speaks volumes.
Most Clubs take the chance if there is quality there. Just have to find the right girl to keep him out of trouble. Worked for a recently retired Swan.

Most Clubs take the chance if there is quality there. Just have to find the right girl to keep him out of trouble. Worked for a recently retired Swan.
Yeah, then she went and dragged him interstate.

I just feel vindicated about not watching the Project here. Moore seems like a pretty funny bloke but they're all just trying to be funny talking over him and interrupting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just feel vindicated about not watching the Project here. Moore seems like a pretty funny bloke but they're all just trying to be funny talking over him and interrupting him.
Can’t help but have a soft spot for Darcy. He has the curiously uncharacteristic quality of intelligence not often found in a footballer.

'To be here finally' - I know that for most players once they enter the professional environment old allegiances go and not all of them want the fairytale, but it is kind of awesome that for some they still foster the childhood dream of playing for the club they barracked for.
I think the reason all of us are so invested with something like this is because he now gets to live out all of our childhood dreams in playing for the HFC. Not all players for whatever reason get to live this dream and it's almost like a part of their childhood dies with not being able to do so.

The Project is Behind The News for adults. Except I reckon BTN would still be more informative and have more journalistic integrity.

Can’t help but have a soft spot for Darcy. He has the curiously uncharacteristic quality of intelligence not often found in a footballer.

Grow up watching Rugby League and 95% of AFL players sound unbelievably intelligent by comparison. Particularly with most of them coming out of the private school system these days.

The Project is Behind The News for adults. Except I reckon BTN would still be more informative and have more journalistic integrity.
The project is an echo chamber for the networks to push an agenda where they can claim "see. Independent people without being told think this"

Exactly, he wasn't getting a game because he was found to be a 1-trick pony. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. I don't think he is half as good as many of you think. Time will tell

100% with you Drewy!
Been found out and cannot mark overhead!
I hope he proves us wrong?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Found this article from earlier this year which pretty well sums up my reservations (the playing side of things, not the off-field stuff so much):

Found this article from earlier this year which pretty well sums up my reservations (the playing side of things, not the off-field stuff so much):

Don't disagree that he has some things to work on - but he's still a kid and is now playing with and for his childhood role models. He's in the best environment possible to buckle down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back