Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Jackson Callow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Callow live multiple times in Tassie, even then he was a beast. Bullying them. He's alot bigger now, moves better and is 10x better.
BEAST. BULLYING THEM. TEN TIMES BETTER!!!!!!

This you?

Listen to Thorp speak at his Nth Launceston, he will tell you he had a bad attitude and has grown up a lot since then.
Yeah he had issues when at the hawks but wasn’t irredeemable like some that have been delisted. If he had not have had the physical issues he and the club probably try harder to get the rest right. I think that is what Tyler was suggesting.

edit: back on callow, he doesn’t have an attitude issue, which is a big plus for him 😀

Showing your age with this one SYL
I was in the energy drink game when this one came out and it was very much on point. Lots of laughs in the office.

Callow needs to take his chance in the back half, for mine.

Never forget going to watch the boom recruit Thorp at Box Hill. Watched him in in warm up and first lead he double grabbed at it and dropped it. I thought oh well he's not quite switched on its the warm up he must have loads of ability being taken at pick 6 and will turn it on when the ball is bounced. He had hard hands...so disappointing...what a big miss.

Never forget going to watch the boom recruit Thorp at Box Hill. Watched him in in warm up and first lead he double grabbed at it and dropped it. I thought oh well he's not quite switched on its the warm up he must have loads of ability being taken at pick 6 and will turn it on when the ball is bounced. He had hard hands...so disappointing...what a big miss.
I thought we had one when he jagged that goal with his first kick v the Tiges.
Was a post high snap from 40m.
Sigh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Thorpe and Tom Bellchambers were at the same high school - which I was relief teaching at when they were in year 8.
I won't say too much but the self-confidence levels of the boys in that grade was off the scale.

In 2006, working for a different school, I happened to be manning the high jump at the all schools state high jump (or possibly the independent schools) and Mitch Thorpe was competing. He came second and was jumping over my head (he came second with 1 metre 90 something jump, and the winner jumped near 2.00m).

If he had had Callow's hands, he might have been worth that early pick.
Good reminder with the draft approaching...
To stuff up a pick, particularly with a key forward, all it takes is for a scout to be there on the wrong day/s (when an athlete's hands are unusually sticky).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back