Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Jackson Callow!

Remove this Banner Ad

If he can develope into a half competent relief ruck to go along with clunking marks up forward, there is a spot in the ones with his name on it next season.

Yeah if he can play that role BigBoy is playing that would be awesome. Especially those long down the line marks that big boy still clunks.

194cm is a bit undersized for a secondary ruck role - especially when Nash has shown he can fill in when required. If Callow can develop the Hawkins body manoeuvre, grab and goal at boundary throw-ins and ball-ups within the 50, that will be enough.

194cm is a bit undersized for a secondary ruck role - especially when Nash has shown he can fill in when required. If Callow can develop the Hawkins body manoeuvre, grab and goal at boundary throw-ins and ball-ups within the 50, that will be enough.
He is trying this at Box Hill games. Haven't seen it done successfully yet, but eay days. The guy is a unit.

Form is better than Kosi and Jeka, at present.

He is trying this at Box Hill games. Haven't seen it done successfully yet, but eay days. The guy is a unit.

Form is better than Kosi and Jeka, at present.
Great info lethal,
In Callow we are seeing a guy who is doing everything he can to make it. Undersized ruck… he is in. (Jack Hayes from StKilda has done all right at 193cm).

2nd ruck tall is an interesting concept. Personally I don‘t care for a ruckman who does not mark around the ground. Cegler was crap for years but finally was good last year.
McEvoy has always been our best mark.
Reeves is still thin and so pushed around though improving, and Lynch … I like him… but he must be able to mark the contested ball.

In every way: Callow seems like he will be our next Dylan Moore. A surprise only the Hawks supporters knew about.

There is no way Callow gets his first game this weekend.

but I will be watching the VFL (every game televised in the afl app) to see how he progresses.

Great info lethal,
In Callow we are seeing a guy who is doing everything he can to make it. Undersized ruck… he is in. (Jack Hayes from StKilda has done all right at 193cm).

2nd ruck tall is an interesting concept. Personally I don‘t care for a ruckman who does not mark around the ground. Cegler was crap for years but finally was good last year.
Reeves is still thin and so pushed around though improving, and Lynch … I like him… but he must be able to mark the contested ball.

In every way: Callow seems like he will be our next Dylan Moore. A surprise only the Hawks supporters knew about.

but I will be watching the VFL (every game televised in the afl app) to see how he progresses.
If he keeps clunking them then he will be hard to ignore

Great info lethal,

Knightmare has a massive hard on for Callow. Has probably been a bigger supporter of him than any Hawks poster on the board.

He's had some howlers before but has picked a few players against the grain who have gone on to have very successful careers. Hope Callow is one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Sam selects Callow for this week. The chances for Kosi, Jeka, Callow and Serong to have a proper chance at showcasing their talents this season or until Gunston retires will be very rare. So hopefully Kosi and Callow show their talents off to the world.

Kosi had a knock as well during the game didn't he? You'd think Callow is there in case Kosi doesn't get up - still the idea of giving him a debut at his home ground is nice and I think he'd match up well on the Swans.

He's worked bloody hard for this, uprooting his life twice for speculative opportunities.

It can be tough as a contested marking forward. When the marks are coming you look a million bucks, but when they aren't (and they often aren't), many big guys can look lost. Melbourne's team and individual key position defence is probably the most brutal test possible for a guy like Callow.

I hope he gets to show off his really solid decision making and disposal. Has a knack for a goal assist at VFL level. And obviously hope he clunks a few.

Well done, Jackson!

Is that supposed to be a toilet Dominic03 ?
That is a bucket in the smilies list...... :drunk:

audrey horne GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Remove this Banner Ad

Back