Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Jackson Callow!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a dude, there's something very likeable about him.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He is very likeable. He is always good for a chat and a laugh at training. He's a very genuine, down to earth fella and he really seems to be enjoying himself.

I liked the look of him. He is a really nice size. From the opportunities he had i think he showed there is enough to work with. Would be great to see him get a couple more games for some continuity, but im guessing he'll go out for Lewis.

He should run drills for our fwds about extending their arms out to mark the ball rather than taking on the chest. Chadwick and Gunners should sit in the front row.

A couple of nice moments yesterday. Got caught holding the ball a couple of times but was trying to work through traffic with composure at the time, which I'm completely fine with because that ability develops as time progresses.

Not 100% convinced he keeps his spot next week, but look forward to seeing him get another run later this season. Hopefully as a pure forward.

Love to see him get another crack it.
In the 3rd, he mad a big blue in defence, not flying with his opponent (weideman I think) who took the mar and he was really dirty on himself. Not sure why, but I loved he was really annoyed. Realised he’d done the wrong thing,and will learn from it. Just showed a passion that I like.

Give him another game, let him get his hand on the footy more and see what happens

Love to see him get another crack it.
In the 3rd, he mad a big blue in defence, not flying with his opponent (weideman I think) who took the mar and he was really dirty on himself. Not sure why, but I loved he was really annoyed. Realised he’d done the wrong thing,and will learn from it. Just showed a passion that I like.

Give him another game, let him get his hand on the footy more and see what happens
Yes it was Max Gawn. He tried to tail him into the contest and think he had a last minute realisation he should’ve just tried to crash the pack.
He was filthy with himself - and I loved it.
You just feel he’s one of those guys who’s going to go back to Box Hill and be 3 times the player he was for the experience at the top level. Blokes a sponge

I was harsh on him at the game but it's just little things, he has alot of talent for alot of positions.

In the ruck he was using his body well and not letting clean taps come through which i liked. Needs to use his body more as a fwd/def ruck tho.

His hands are elite as described, buckets and vice like. He extends his hands at the footy which is just A1 for technique aswell.

Has confidence, has passion and cares, how about the candy?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to get slayed for this but I really think he could be our full back. His attributes reminds me of ... Lake. Let Lewis and Kosi be the talls up forward and remodel Callow for fb.
I don't think he's nimble enough.

I’m going to get slayed for this but I really think he could be our full back. His attributes reminds me of ... Lake. Let Lewis and Kosi be the talls up forward and remodel Callow for fb.

Shouldn't get slayed for that. I was championing this move over pre-season. IMO it seems like a logical move given our options up forward, and considering we don't have a long term FB.

Always try a junior forward down back before a delist. Always! If he doesn't make it as a forward, they should give him a go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back