Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Jackson Ross, Pick #71 2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VandoHawk

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The game is anything but physical these days, we won’t be playing in a contested final where’s he’d be exploited either.
If anybody in the front half has a niggle in the last month I dare say they’ll be put on ice. I reckon the lad may snag a debut in the last month if form warrants
His form warrants a debut more than any of our younger players. It's his body that doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Problem is, by playing him in our dysfunctional forward line, does this actually hamper his development?
This is a good point.

For me you chuck him in for the rest of the year and watch him grow.

I think it can only help his development by stringing some AFL games together despite our ****ful setup.

Brishawk

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeh, will change the players but keep the game plan...:rolleyes:
Clarko always teaches defence first. 05-06 was pure defence. 2007 we picked up the attack and then 2008 we were strong in both.

2009-2010 we transitioned the defensive strategy. 2011 we picked up the attack but still quite defensive. 2012-2014 we were quite attacking with a strong defence.

Brant

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Clarko always teaches defence first. 05-06 was pure defence. 2007 we picked up the attack and then 2008 we were strong in both.

2009-2010 we transitioned the defensive strategy. 2011 we picked up the attack but still quite defensive. 2012-2014 we were quite attacking with a strong defence.
Yeh but that hardly gets a late night laugh now does it?

He's also very good at building a system without all the pieces, then adding components which bring it all together. See the addition of Brian Lake, McEvoy & probs a few others. That's what I can see us doing again now, although we're in need of a few pieces, not just a KPP.

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Problem is, by playing him in our dysfunctional forward line, does this actually hamper his development?
Ever watched a VFL game? The weather and quality of player means he'd feel right at home with the deliveries in our seniors.

Jackson isn't a bloke who is relying on people to get him the ball, he's relying on his own smarts and craftiness to kick goals regardless. Exactly the type of bloke we need in the side at the moment.

Brishawk

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ever watched a VFL game? The weather and quality of player means he'd feel right at home with the deliveries in our seniors.

Jackson isn't a bloke who is relying on people to get him the ball, he's relying on his own smarts and craftiness to kick goals regardless. Exactly the type of bloke we need in the side at the moment.
He won’t get the same space at afl level. Deserves a shot though.

Top Bottom