Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Jackson Ross, Pick #71 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

The game is anything but physical these days, we won’t be playing in a contested final where’s he’d be exploited either.
If anybody in the front half has a niggle in the last month I dare say they’ll be put on ice. I reckon the lad may snag a debut in the last month if form warrants

His form warrants a debut more than any of our younger players. It's his body that doesn't.

Jackson Ross and Harrison Jones are always mixed up for me due to there being multiple Anglo-celtic surnames everywhere at once
I had more issue with remembering which one Moore and Ross were compared to each other, because you know, they are so similar physically

People seem to have trouble with which Moore plays for hawthorn ;)
doesn't help that the stats sheet doesn't say A.Moore or D.Moore half the time :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how poor our forward line has been and the fact that the club were even willing to throw Sicily forward last night, I think he deserves a shot.
He'd bring some enthusiasm to a side that looks very flat at the moment.

Yeh, will change the players but keep the game plan...:rolleyes:
Clarko always teaches defence first. 05-06 was pure defence. 2007 we picked up the attack and then 2008 we were strong in both.

2009-2010 we transitioned the defensive strategy. 2011 we picked up the attack but still quite defensive. 2012-2014 we were quite attacking with a strong defence.

Clarko always teaches defence first. 05-06 was pure defence. 2007 we picked up the attack and then 2008 we were strong in both.

2009-2010 we transitioned the defensive strategy. 2011 we picked up the attack but still quite defensive. 2012-2014 we were quite attacking with a strong defence.
Yeh but that hardly gets a late night laugh now does it?

He's also very good at building a system without all the pieces, then adding components which bring it all together. See the addition of Brian Lake, McEvoy & probs a few others. That's what I can see us doing again now, although we're in need of a few pieces, not just a KPP.

Problem is, by playing him in our dysfunctional forward line, does this actually hamper his development?

Ever watched a VFL game? The weather and quality of player means he'd feel right at home with the deliveries in our seniors.

Jackson isn't a bloke who is relying on people to get him the ball, he's relying on his own smarts and craftiness to kick goals regardless. Exactly the type of bloke we need in the side at the moment.

Ever watched a VFL game? The weather and quality of player means he'd feel right at home with the deliveries in our seniors.

Jackson isn't a bloke who is relying on people to get him the ball, he's relying on his own smarts and craftiness to kick goals regardless. Exactly the type of bloke we need in the side at the moment.
He won’t get the same space at afl level. Deserves a shot though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back