Ultimate Glory Welcome to Hawthorn, Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah good points. I didn't really consider who we were communicating with, just what GW actually said. We all know how Cochrane behaved. I have no doubt he tried everything possible to ruin it for us. It's a bad refelection on Cochrane/GCS and a good reflection on GW/Hawks.

In the end it's actually gc who lost out on the deal by mucking around as it's reported the deal we offered originally (future 1st, 23, 36) is better than the deal they got! Plus they have publicly shown how they want to act as a club (by their chairman) which will affect them attracting elite talent in the future!
We come out of the period ok and will recover quick with the loss of Mitch and Lewis and won't be as big of a shock next year loosing hodge and Gibbo and silk!

In the end it's actually gc who lost out on the deal by mucking around as it's reported the deal we offered originally (future 1st, 23, 36) is better than the deal they got! Plus they have publicly shown how they want to act as a club (by their chairman) which will affect them attracting elite talent in the future!
We come out of the period ok and will recover quick with the loss of Mitch and Lewis and won't be as big of a shock next year loosing hodge and Gibbo and silk!
Exactly.

Yeah good points. I didn't really consider who we were communicating with, just what GW actually said. We all know how Cochrane behaved. I have no doubt he tried everything possible to ruin it for us. It's a bad refelection on Cochrane/GCS and a good reflection on GW/Hawks.
I particularly like how we have not responded to the Cochrane crap. Just totally ignored it as far as I know

I agree with most posters here saying how well GW was in getting his targets.
Yes he did, but he did make a big mistake, that could have easily derailed everything. He said there was some miscommunication with GCS, which prompted him to make that trade with StKilda, which in hindsight, wouldn't have gone ahead if communication was clearer/better. Maybe we could have ended up in a better position in the upcoming draft if the 'miscommunication' didn't happen.
GW has been fantastic for our club over the years including this year.
I'm still over the moon with our additions, but to say GW's execution was perfect.....I'm not too sure.

He didn't say we miscommunicated.

I think that was a bit of a nod to the changing GCS landscape/president etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most posters here saying how well GW was in getting his targets.
Yes he did, but he did make a big mistake, that could have easily derailed everything. He said there was some miscommunication with GCS, which prompted him to make that trade with StKilda, which in hindsight, wouldn't have gone ahead if communication was clearer/better. Maybe we could have ended up in a better position in the upcoming draft if the 'miscommunication' didn't happen.
GW has been fantastic for our club over the years including this year.
I'm still over the moon with our additions, but to say GW's execution was perfect.....I'm not too sure.
We had to trade with St Kilda for leverage. Without it, GCS had us all lined up to demand good players off us as well as picks. As soon as we got pick 10, both clubs knew we were in the position of power because we simply could have taken JOM in the ND.

Cockbrain was all bluff, trying to psyche us out in order to get some leverage back. He failed. He also wanted to get into a public slinging match with us to try and mentally unhinge us and question our decisions. He failed. He desperately wanted to screw Hawthorn over for getting their marquee player. He failed.

Expecting the Herald Scum to run a story tomorrow about how Essendon had a change of heart which is why they didn't get O'Meara. They were Gunning that angle from day one and not a shred of evidence ever came out to back it.

I see by my emails that the Hawks are already pushing the O'Meara name to the fans. Im hopeful we'll see him reach full flight. Not expecting him to instantly star but more progressively build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we'll see a banner in the Hawks crowd reading

JOM
OMG

Or similar this year.
4118796_o.gif

Where's that flog Geelong supporter who was on a WUM the other day? Wonder what he thinks about Geelong forcing out Bartel, because he sure as hell wanted to play on - although I don't agree with it but at least we sought out new clubs for Mitchell and Lewis.

Wouldn't mind hearing his thoughts on Black being on $400k too after the Vickery comments.

We had to trade with St Kilda for leverage. Without it, GCS had us all lined up to demand good players off us as well as picks. As soon as we got pick 10, both clubs knew we were in the position of power because we simply could have taken JOM in the ND.

Cockbrain was all bluff, trying to psyche us out in order to get some leverage back. He failed. He also wanted to get into a public slinging match with us to try and mentally unhinge us and question our decisions. He failed. He desperately wanted to screw Hawthorn over for getting their marquee player. He failed.

It is a pity all the AFL media draft experts are just too bloody dumb to see this, which to me is as bovious as your nose on your face.

It is a pity all the AFL media draft experts are just too bloody dumb to see this, which to me is as bovious as your nose on your face.
Some see it, some even said it. But most take the lazy option of kicking the Hawks for likes.

Some see it, some even said it. But most take the lazy option of kicking the Hawks for likes.

It was a great deal for St Kildam but people forget at Hawthorn we have firm objectives, and never give up on our goal. The two for draft week were banked, with interest, thanks Ty. I believe the interest will be very rewarding.

For some perspective on his knee, this is him back in May when he re-joined the main group at Gold Coast training. From then on he re-gained fitness, played a half of football in the NEAFL (Dominated) but then had to get clean-up surgery done 8 weeks ago.

I wonder if JOM will be getting into best mate Swallow's ear about how good Hawthorn is, and how much we've helped him in his rehab.

I wonder if JOM will be getting into best mate Swallow's ear about how good Hawthorn is, and how much we've helped him in his rehab.

Geez I don't think I could handle traiding with the Suns again.

Lets look to get a few GWS player instead next time. They seem to be much easier to trade with.

Marchbank and Hoskin-Elliott were just given away. Particularly with their salary cap squeeze, they will be giving talent away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back