Ultimate Glory Welcome to Hawthorn, Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to go in on an atlas and an accompanying card to send to Cochrane at his Gold Coast Suns office?

Dearest Cochrane,

Terribly sorry to hear that you lost your nerve and couldn't keep your word about not letting O'Meara get to Hawthorn.

We hope that by using the enclosed gift you manage to attract a replacement player for your club in the 2017 trade period.

Hawthorn have no use for it.

Yours sincerely,
BigFooty Hawks

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/0f4396e20719859dfb3fa93334ee17c7

HAWTHORN’S bold bid for Jaeger O’Meara is on track to reap early rewards as the star recruit storms towards an early-season comeback.

The Herald Sun can reveal the brilliant midfielder has targeted the first month of next season to make his long-awaited return from career-threatening knee injuries.

O’Meara, 22, turned heads on the club’s training camp in Mooloolaba late last month, delighting coaches and fitness staff with his running and skills work.

It was considered the best sign yet the smooth-moving ball-winner could be ready to play in about three months, with the Hawks slated to take on Geelong in the Round 4 Easter Monday blockbuster at the MCG on April 17.

He remains an outside chance to enter the frame for the Hawks’ season-opener against a rejuvenated Essendon at the MCG on Saturday night, March 25, but a Round 4 berth is considered more likely.

fb150d89f97138a600cd3047c976a511

Jaeger O’Meara in action during Hawthorn’s pre-season camp in Mooloolaba. Picture: Lachie Millard
New Hawthorn football manager Jason Burt said O’Meara “has not missed a beat” this pre-season and had returned from the Christmas break “in great nick”.

“We could not be more happy with the way he is going,” Burt told the Herald Sun.

“It is pretty clear he wants to play as soon as he is ready … if that is in the first couple of months of the season then fantastic.

I’d like to think that it would be, and certainly if he continues to progress the way that he has, then you would have to think the early part of the season we will see him in our colours.”

The Hawks have taken a conservative approach with O’Meara, cautious to slowly build up his workload after almost 1000 days on the sidelines nursing patella tendon problems.

Burt said the club “had to really recondition” O’Meara’s rehabilitation program under fitness guru Andrew Russell, after five years at the Suns.

bd5672fe3210496f8a80951f39dbc8f8

Jaeger O’Meara is on track to make an early-season debut for Hawthorn. Picture: Lachie Millard
“He has been out for a long time, so Jaeger is not going to push things because he knows the result at the back end of the year is going to be pretty special,” Burt said.

The former Gold Coast Sun continues to make excellent progress this pre-season almost three months after the Hawks pulled off the biggest trade of the AFL exchange period to secure the Rising Star winner.

After losing star midfielders Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell and Brad Hill, the Hawks made a series of bold moves to help reopen their next premiership window, netting former Swans’ hard nut Tom Mitchell and ex-Tigers big man Tyrone Vickery in last year’s trade period.

477579f79d5a44d47b32c672175eb3df

Boom recruits: Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O’Meara in action during a running session at Waverley Park. Picture: Michael Klein
In the biggest deal, Clarkson’s men parted with pick No.10 in last year’s draft and a future second-round selection to land O’Meara. The Hawks had already dealt this year’s first-round pick and two other second-round selections in an agreement with St Kilda.

O’Meara is considered a future captain of the Hawks.

“We were all mindful of what this young man could bring to us,” he said.

“We are not in a position to be impatient with him but we are thrilled with where he is at right now.

“He is a ripping young fella who has embraced our footy club and he wants to get better.”

O’Meara will face another key test in the coming weeks when he is integrated into full training and match simulation sessions.
I need a Valium

That brings to mind this quote from Cochrane during the trade week kerfuffle:

“If (Hawthorn) was to walk away here, this would be a disgraceful way to treat Jaeger O’Meara. They’ve promised this bloke the world and they’re going to hand him an Atlas.

“They’ve told him they’re the greatest club, that he’s a future star of the club, the best medical team in the world, they’ve talked the big game here and talked it up publicly for six or so weeks.”

Sounds like a promise kept.
Look in the index for Dingley - otherwise known as Flagville

Who wants to go in on an atlas and an accompanying card to send to Cochrane at his Gold Coast Suns office?

Dearest Cochrane,

Terribly sorry to hear that you lost your nerve and couldn't keep your word about not letting O'Meara get to Hawthorn.

We hope that by using the enclosed gift you manage to attract a replacement player for your club in the 2017 trade period.

Hawthorn have no use for it.

Yours sincerely,
BigFooty Hawks
How about send him a link to an online atlas with the card.

How about send him a link to an online atlas with the card.
I feel like an email with a link to Google Maps doesn't have the same oomph as a well written card and wrapped atlas. The former likely to not even reach him with a mail filter or PA preventing him from ever seeing it. At least with the former you just know he'll have spent a couple minutes opening it all and then the rest of the day stewing it over.

I feel like an email with a link to Google Maps doesn't have the same oomph as a well written card and wrapped atlas. The former likely to not even reach him with a mail filter or PA preventing him from ever seeing it. At least with the former you just know he'll have spent a couple minutes opening it all and then the rest of the day stewing it over.
There are several online businesses loosely based around this. 2 of the more memorable were the confetti bomb by mail and the other one sent your victim a potato.

You probably didn't read my post. That's OK.

I said send a link WITH THE CARD. This in no way means an email nor does it preclude a real atlas. It would simply point out to him that although giving away atlases is a massive plus in the player attraction stakes, people tend to use their phones and the world no longer needs them except as player attractants.

You probably didn't read my post. That's OK.

I said send a link WITH THE CARD. This in no way means an email nor does it preclude a real atlas. It would simply point out to him that although giving away atlases is a massive plus in the player attraction stakes, people tend to use their phones and the world no longer needs them except as player attractants.
My mistake. But my thoughts about the impact of sending an actual atlas remain the same. Just a card can easily be torn in two and thrown in the bin then easily forgotten. An actual atlas is memorable and who is really going to toss out a perfectly good atlas? Especially when it's the only thing they have to attract a player!

My mistake. But my thoughts about the impact of sending an actual atlas remain the same. Just a card can easily be torn in two and thrown in the bin then easily forgotten. An actual atlas is memorable and who is really going to toss out a perfectly good atlas? Especially when it's the only thing they have to attract a player!
To tell you the truth, I'd play for them for an atlas. I'm worth about an atlas, probably if you removed south america, it'd be about even stevens.

To tell you the truth, I'd play for them for an atlas. I'm worth about an atlas, probably if you removed south america, it'd be about even stevens.
You're worth the world to me <3

He likely would throw out a good Atlas but whinge about how he was going to keep it for ages and then give up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so he is suggesting he has 2 to 3 years at afl level. This is more optimistic than the medical reports we had on burgers, i guess that means we can book in JOM for 250+ games for the hawks.....

I'm pretty sure the AFL Trade Whisperer was none from 200+ guesses in trade week, so not of much concern. Also, his source is apparently NMFC medical team. I'd back our medical team ahead of theirs.

Edit: Good god, just read down his feed further and he asked for 100 retweets before revealing his story. Is this guy fair dinkum? That's just desperate and pathetic.

There's also a website that will anonymously send a bag of dicks (lollies).
AFL Trade Whisperer on Twitter with some interesting news on JOMs knee.

As a Physio myself i think the truth is somewhere outside of that
Let's tweet a bag of dicks to the Trade Whisperer

I'm pretty sure the AFL Trade Whisperer was none from 200+ guesses in trade week, so not of much concern. Also, his source is apparently NMFC medical team. I'd back our medical team ahead of theirs.

Edit: Good god, just read down his feed further and he asked for 100 retweets before revealing his story. Is this guy fair dinkum? That's just desperate and pathetic.
Interesting since he didn't have a medical @ North

AFL Trade Whisperer on Twitter with some interesting news on JOMs knee.

As a Physio myself i think the truth is somewhere outside of that
you shouldn't use news and that douche in the same sentence unless the word not is placed before news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back