Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2022 AFLCA Best Young Player, extends to 2026!

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Considering we've seen the kid fire out 30+ metre handballs on both sides if this is the case this kid is ducked up strong/doesn't feel pain unless this is some new injury?
The Poowong locals would probably rib the s**t out of him unless it's a compound fracture. They'd be like put some Robitussin on in it and tough it out.

monty python scratch GIF

Fetnarr

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unfortunately have heard some news that he has fractured his scaphoid bone in his hand/wrist - planning on playing through it but would imagine he would be in quite some pain.

It would be very risky to play him with a fractured scaphoid. They don’t heal well at all even in a brace. It would be a massive risk to his longevity in the game. Can not see the club doing that at this stage of his career while we are not competing for silverware

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got a little bit of attention at the contest from Rowell who had 13 contested possessions on him while Duke had 3 (2 frees and a contested mark).

He was pretty easily worried off the ground ball a couple of times or just fumbled it.

Just needs to attack the contest to win the ball on the ground as well as he does in the air.

All in all a good learning process for his future. Showing him where he needs to improve.

Yeah. You should’ve seen the 2m Barra he caught after the game with a piece of dental floss and a paper clip. It never stood a chance.
He used to kick wheat sacks across the Murray!

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
60m handball?

Just watched the replay back and I may have been a few metres short.

I also saw Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me.

Back