Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jai Serong! Pick 52, 2021 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s listed at 193cm, although he looks much taller and closer to 197 which is Jekas height.

Jai Serong (21 disposals, 10 marks)​

"Jai was another one who had the most touches he has ever had in a game, which is a great result. I thought Jai was outstanding playing as a high half forward for most of the game. He took 10 marks, so he was our outlet option a lot and was that link between defence and our forward line. His work rate is just super high. Jai is probably one of our best workers. He was able to get the ball in his hand and win some one-on-one contests as well. He missed a few shots on goal that he probably would've liked to get that scoreboard result but nonetheless, Jai was fantastic for us."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may take Jai Serong 3-4 years to get acclimatised to the AFL, but I think he could be a solid third tall, and there's a chance our next premiership third tall is making his debut today. Now just to get his brother, a key forward and a small/medium forward to complete the 2026/27/28/29/30/31/32 Toyota AFL premiership side. Good luck, Jai. GO HAWKS!

In his draft write ups because of his quick hands it mentioned versatility and could pinch hit in the midfield at times …… with his development and size I hope he can add this to his repertoire

I can't believe they missed the main one.

When his brother comes to Hawthorn an opposition coach will say "I want you to go out there and tag Serong."
What Serong?
Nothing what'serong with you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back