Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: James Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

No I don't, back up your claim Ross has better character.
huh? back up my claim? its simple, Ross comes across as a lot more easy going, funny, knockabout sort than narky little Clarko. what are you, family member of Clarkson? coaching achievements were not even comparable.

anyway, this Cousins kid,.......

Ross also has lost several Grand Finals.
And his teams play boring, low-scoring football.

It is an achievement to get to a Grand Final, but never winning one is the ultimate failure.

Comparing him to Clarko is nonsense.
you do realise we are all off the beaten track but you are WAY off. coaching achievements aren't a part of the discussion.

Not sure how this thread became a refferendum on Ross Lyon, but I personally quite like him as well. I think he's got the most out of some okay-ish teams and also find him pretty amusing. The way he walked out on Saints I have no issues with either. We expect players to do it every year, and who knows what was going on behind the scenes of the saints at the time. There were some pretty awful administrative figures there.

That said, I'd take Clarko every day of the week...

Back on the subject, surely Cousins gets upgraded and a few weeks in the 1's? He's exactly the type of player we're lacking. Sure, he may not be ready, but if can get a few games in a row, he'll know where he's at and what he has to do. Last weeks loss has just about gimped our season, so i really don't see a negative here. Player in form, Player performing, player in position we need in seniors. Better now than in a few weeks when he may drop out of form.

Add in that Sydney have a pretty damm good midfield too, so that should be added experience. Better than a debut against Brisbane anyway.

Back on the subject, surely Cousins gets upgraded and a few weeks in the 1's? He's exactly the type of player we're lacking. Sure, he may not be ready, but if can get a few games in a row, he'll know where he's at and what he has to do. Last weeks loss has just about gimped our season, so i really don't see a negative here. Player in form, Player performing, player in position we need in seniors. Better now than in a few weeks when he may drop out of form.

Add in that Sydney have a pretty damm good midfield too, so that should be added experience. Better than a debut against Brisbane anyway.

Another shiels isn't exactly the type of player we are missing. Having said that, im all for giving him a go. His form warants it and he seems to be aquitting himself consistently week in week out which is a lot more than a few guys in the seniors are providing.

If Clarko is serious when he said that TOM needed more help then upgrading cousins makes sense. If not then i dunno what he is thinking because its no good going in with the same players and expect anything different..

If Clarko is serious when he said that TOM needed more help then upgrading cousins makes sense. If not then i dunno what he is thinking because its no good going in with the same players and expect anything different..

Cousins is the exact type of player who could help Tom, an inside ball winner, a guy who likes the grunt work but uses a hell of a lot better than Langers. Cousins isn't a standout as far as X-Factor goes but he accumulates the ball well, uses it well and has an AFL ready frame.

Is prime time to fill the void we have in the midfield. He's in great, and even improving touch. Reward him. It's not going to hurt to give him a taste of the big time, and againt the Syd mids to boot. Role models at every turn.

Looking ahead to next year, at the very least we are going to see Lovell and JOR competing with him for potentially the same spot. Add in the returning and raring to go JOM, and possibly another free agent in the mix. Some time this year we have to fast track his development, ie. play him now, or very soon, or face the log jam of similar developing players fighting for the same limited spots.

Part of me wonders if Clarko hasnt been scarred by his experiences of throwing Thurgood, Zac Dawson, or even Ellis onto the big stage before they were physically or mentally ready. Is he reluctant to go there with kids he deems unready?

As a total aside, I've been wondering since the players sponsor night. Seeing JC (different JC?) up close, does anyone else see any resemblence to actor James McAvoy? Something about the eyes and forehead, but I did several double takes and it's been nagging me since. Also had a close look at Doc to see if there wasnt a touch of the
Ramsay Boltons about him that he could bring to game day. :huh:

Had a chuckle because I love Ross the Boss and his press conferences. He's a bloody interesting bloke to talk to, I wish Clarko was more like that when he talks; all we get is "Yeah uhh we um played to our uhhh strengths um".

You missed that sharp inhaling thing he does before starting a sentence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chuckle because I love Ross the Boss and his press conferences. He's a bloody interesting bloke to talk to, I wish Clarko was more like that when he talks; all we get is "Yeah uhh we um played to our uhhh strengths um".

So, who are you mate, and what's your real login?

As a total aside, I've been wondering since the players sponsor night. Seeing JC (different JC?) up close, does anyone else see any resemblence to actor James McAvoy? Something about the eyes and forehead, but I did several double takes and it's been nagging me since. Also had a close look at Doc to see if there wasnt a touch of the Ramsay Boltons about him that he could bring to game day. :huh:

Nah, totally agree. He's definitely got a similar look going on.

If we placed Cyril on the LTI it would have to have been for a reason given the 8 week minimum.

It's blatantly obvious Cousins is getting upgraded so why does the club play these bullshit games by not announcing it early in the week.

Do they really think there is an advantage in delaying this? It's not like Sydney are going to be like oh s**t we better change our entire structure cos hawthorn upgraded a 1st year rookie.

What is the advantage in upgrading a rookie early in the week?

What if he tweaks his hammy during Thursday training?

I hear what your saying but if that's the case why place Cyril on the LTI on Monday?

Wouldn't the club wait until after the final training session of the week to place Cyril on LTI and upgrade Cousins?

I hear what your saying but if that's the case why place Cyril on the LTI on Monday?

Wouldn't the club wait until after the final training session of the week to place Cyril on LTI and upgrade Cousins?
he was placed on the LTI list last week im pretty sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back