Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Dal Santo: "Was it cold out there James"
Jimmy Superstar Worpedo: "fu** yeah!"
You heard it too. I was just saying to my wife he’s gonna be the future captain of our club. Look how well he speaks and then he says that 5 seconds later 😂

Did I just hear Worps drop the F-Bomb in his interview with Little Dick Nick?

Dal Santo - was it cold out there?
Worpel - fu** yeah 😂
Just re-watched it & very sure he didn’t swear

Take a bow young man! A brilliant performance from a 2nd year player. Single handedly turned the game as well.

That centre clearance to Lewis will stick in my mind for a long time to come. Future skip.
We’re all one-eyed mate. Wouldn’t mind hearing Goddard’s opinion for a bit of objectivity!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved his interview after the game. The mention of Sam Mitchell being a massive influence was beautiful to hear, and also the fact he doesn't spew the cliches like most young guys

He is going places, and these places are very good places

One of these blokes is a second year player. #stagnated

View attachment 708587

He is also in the top 30 this season for:

Clearances
Disposals
Ground ball gets
Inside 50's
Pressure Acts
Tackles

When Mitchell comes back Coniglio may just be cream. We may drive up the price just so to squeeze out guys like Whitfield and Tarantino or to a lesser extent Hopper.

Worpel is also 5th for clangers and 7th in turnovers. This is due to the high intensity he plays and forcing turnovers on the opposition. Sometimes he has more time than he realises and just bombs it when he could just compose a second and look around. This will come with more confidence and time.

I remember Sammy when he first came was not the best kick. It's hard when you're in the clinches as a young player to adjust to the tempo of the game. But I knew we had something special with Sam. A few years later he became one of the best users in the AFL.

Just give him time and they'll wonder how Hawks stole the next Sam Mitchell.

Dal Santo: "Was it cold out there James"
Jimmy Superstar Worpedo: "fu** yeah!"
I mentioned this in my family's chat, and my sister said she rewatched it several times and he didn't say the first word, but rather laughed and said yeah. I'm sure I heard him say F Yeah. but she reckons after 15 rewatches, he didn't.

I mentioned this in my family's chat, and my sister said she rewatched it several times and he didn't say the first word, but rather laughed and said yeah. I'm sure I heard him say F Yeah. but she reckons after 15 rewatches, he didn't.
Agreed.

I re-watched & definitely didn't swear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back