Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Yeah would be Mitchell or Jaeger next.
yeah, I reckon Jaeger is the heir apparent.

Seems to instruct a lot more than Tom. Tom is more of a ball hunter who leads by example, while Jaeger leads with voice AND actions.
He’s often the first to get a bloke after a goal or a good bit of play too. He’s a bit like Roughy in this regard.

Anyway, back to Worps. The kid has it all before him.

yeah, I reckon Jaeger is the heir apparent.

Seems to instruct a lot more than Tom. Tom is more of a ball hunter who leads by example, while Jaeger leads with voice AND actions.
He’s often the first to get a bloke after a goal or a good bit of play too. He’s a bit like Roughy in this regard.

Anyway, back to Worps. The kid has it all before him.
Very good media presentation too.

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Said it before and will say it again this guys posture is A+. Strong core!

1580801911473.png

Must be the longest deal we've given to a 21 year old in a very long time
Can’t help but feel that his mentor(Sam) is super impressed with him and the board have subsequently recommended locking him in long term.

Someone should have a word to the editors at The Age.
Fair play to the AGE they did give it context....

“Hawthorn have moved quickly to lock in one of the AFL's emerging young stars, handing James Worpel a two-year contract extension.”

Fair play to the AGE they did give it context....

“Hawthorn have moved quickly to lock in one of the AFL's emerging young stars, handing James Worpel a two-year contract extension.”
I think emerging young star is fair.
He's not yet played 50 games, he had a great year but one year doesn't make you a star. You gotta back that up.
He's only 21 and going into his third season.
If he continues to rise like he did last year then by the end of this one they can drop the emerging.

But growth isn't always linear, very good by the club to have him locked up for the next four years though.

Back