Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome James.

Best of luck for a long and prosperous career in the brown and gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
James WORPEL

24-Jan-99 | 185.1cm | 85.5kg | Geelong Falcons

“James’s strength is to win the contested ball and does that better than anyone I’ve coached. He’s just a beast on the inside and is super explosive with repeat efforts. If you get tackled by him – which he’ll lay seven or eight a game – you’ll know about it. Super leader and had all the accolades this year with Vic Country captain and Falcons captain. Just a wonderful person to have around the club.” Geelong Falcons coach Dan O’Keefe.

Need some bulls for the midfield so not unhappy with him as a pick if Wrighty and co. think he's worth it.

I just hope he doesn't become known as "the player we passed up Joel Garner for".

JC Hawks

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looks a pretty good pick-up to me. Strong, good in the clutches, takes the game on and not afraid to use the 'don't argue'. Anyone want to shed light on what some of his weaknesses are?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a pretty good pick-up to me. Strong, good in the clutches, takes the game on and not afraid to use the 'don't argue'. Anyone want to shed light on what some of his weaknesses are?

The guys on SEN said the knock on him is his disposal. He's not a bad kick technically but can make bad decisions

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Need some bulls for the midfield so not unhappy with him as a pick if Wrighty and co. think he's worth it.

I just hope he doesn't become known as "the player we passed up Joel Garner for".
Garner = Wilsmore for me a hard pass.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams

Since 2001

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad