Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee he’s been really accountable and has made some great plays since I made my comments. Still wouldn’t call him a gun, but from what I’ve seen in the last few games he’s the most Hodge like player we’ve had at then club in a while. September is the month to make a name for yourself so I hope he shows that he belongs in the big time, has a real opportunity now.

Might get along well with Stratts, he is also a strange cat apparently
Yeah, gotta wonder (then shudder) what Stratts would be doing with his life if he wasn't excellent at footy:eek:

He will be better for the final experience, but really struggled with increased presure

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He will be better for the final experience, but really struggled with increased presure

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I still think he did some courageous things, but he didn't have the team playing well enough around him for support.

Someone like Spargo might not be as good as Worpel in theory but he was able to stand out a little more thanks to how well the Dees are going.

Great first year for the Hawks.

i have noticed over the last 6 weeks that Tom Mitchell hates Worpel, never passes to him, will deliberately ignore him every single time, even if it means passing to someone in a worse position, Worpel needs to fix his relationship with Titch, idk what happened, but he needs to get Titch to bury the hatchet...

it was also brought up in an interview a couple months ago, where Worpel said he accidentally threw Titch under the bus in an interview for a paper or something, anyway Worpel needs to get on good terms with the seniors and eventually their rivalry will end or soften.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have noticed over the last 6 weeks that Tom Mitchell hates Worpel, never passes to him, will deliberately ignore him every single time, even if it means passing to someone in a worse position, Worpel needs to fix his relationship with Titch, idk what happened, but he needs to get Titch to bury the hatchet...

it was also brought up in an interview a couple months ago, where Worpel said he accidentally threw Titch under the bus in an interview for a paper or something, anyway Worpel needs to get on good terms with the seniors and eventually their rivalry will end or soften.

Think you are reading in to things... the paper thing was not serious...

A knock on our mature guys like stratts gunner Bruest smith is they are ball players not so much mongrel.

With another year worps Hardwick Mitchell and co could very well bring that

Worpel found finals tought, but he's a kid. He will be better for the experience.

Onus on him now to have a really massive pre-season and 2019 is his year to elevate himself.

Clarko put him in for plenty of centre bounces. He did OK

He's had a terrific first year, of many more I hope.
Getting valuable exposure to finals pressure will be an enormous for him going into next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back