Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Great work by him. Wondering whether perhaps it’s also a factor that of the % of Centre bounces he’s in. We don’t have too many other options!

You still have to win them and there are five other mids plus two rucks in the area.

Geez Cripps is going to be an absolute star in a few years if his body holds together.

Amazing what he has done in only his 2nd second season.

In some nice company with the league leaders for centre clearances:

View attachment 650733

What counts as a Centre clearance?

On the weekend, Cunningham had 14 centre-bounce disposals, 11 times he found an uncontested team-mate by hand or kicked the ball into 50m himself. Yet he only had 3 centre clearances (I'm guessing the 3 kicks forward)

Is there another stat that measures this better?

What counts as a Centre clearance?

On the weekend, Cunningham had 14 centre-bounce disposals, 11 times he found an uncontested team-mate by hand or kicked the ball into 50m himself. Yet he only had 3 centre clearances (I'm guessing the 3 kicks forward)

Is there another stat that measures this better?

Good point if Patrick Cripps gets a million centre clearances, if there is no goal scored his opponent just jogs off him in the open, Patrick don't care or is aerobically challenged...at best and his opponent just sets up his teams next goal.

It's a bit like the rope a dope 2008 grand final with Ablett and Chance Bateman... one man got more possessions than his opponent, one man did for his team that helped them win a GF... and from quick memory hit the scoreboard as much.

Needs to settle with the speed of the game. Has more time than he thinks more often than not, but rushes his kicks and turns the ball over.

Plenty to like about the kid only a dozen games in.

Jaeger doing a bit of the same atm. Just blazing away. Be great when they both click.

You still have to win them and there are five other mids plus two rucks in the area.

Geez Cripps is going to be an absolute star in a few years if his body holds together.

Going to be?

Cripps is the #1 midfielder in the comp now that Dusty has shat the bed and Mitchell is on the one peg.

He's a machine.

Going to be?

Cripps is the #1 midfielder in the comp now that Dusty has shat the bed and Mitchell is on the one peg.

He's a machine.
Danger isnt too bad either, that goal the other night sends shivers down my back of what he could do to us on easter monday without Tommy in the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we erect a shrine for this kid already? We'd be completely ****ed without him.

What he is doing at his age is unbelievable. The responsibility he has been given is unusual, and the response equally so.

Future captain for mine no questions about it.

Can we erect a shrine for this kid already? We'd be completely ****** without him.

What he is doing at his age is unbelievable. The responsibility he has been given is unusual, and the response equally so.

Future captain for mine no questions about it.
I must say I like the cut of this young man's jib. He reminds me of a cross between Brad Sewell and Sam Mitchell whilst being his own man. Future captain for sure.

Big heart this boy and fearless. Great pick up. As far as Cousins goes I can see why Sydney were sniffing around. His stocks are rising nearly as quickly as Worps imo.

I’m feeling a lot more comfortable about our midfield fro 2020 onwards - TOM back, JOM will be at his peak, Worpel in his third year, Cousins continual improvement, not to mention the ever reliable Liam Shiels and Howe as back up. Im a huge fan of Harry Jones, think he could be anything

I’m feeling a lot more comfortable about our midfield fro 2020 onwards - TOM back, JOM will be at his peak, Worpel in his third year, Cousins continual improvement, not to mention the ever reliable Liam Shiels and Howe as back up. Im a huge fan of Harry Jones, think he could be anything
You forgot to mention Coniglio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back