Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah sadly hasn't strung more than 15 games in a season since 2018.
He played 17 in 2019 🤔

this was really his first season back after the acl injury so I’m not sure we can read too much into it. Sounds like the new injury was contact related, which maybe it was just a case of bad luck and not indicative of any enduring failure of his body.

He played 17 in 2019 🤔

this was really his first season back after the acl injury so I’m not sure we can read too much into it. Sounds like the new injury was contact related, which maybe it was just a case of bad luck and not indicative of any enduring failure of his body.

Ah my bad it was Round 17 he got injured, I thought it was Round 15.

Yeah I agree they're unlucky injuries more so than poor preparation picking up regular soft tissues. Just frustrating it's likely that he'll only have played 35/61 over the last 3 seasons assuming he misses the rest of this season.

Hate to see a season ending injury happening at training.

Trying to look on the bright side, at least it wasn't the knee again as that would likely have written off all of next year too. And if we're going to lose someone of such quality from the side then at least it's from an area of the ground where we have depth and it's in a season where finals aren't happening for us.

Plenty of time to rehab it properly and hit the 2022 pre-season fresh and ready to go.

It's going to be a very high quality IN list for round 1 2022 with Gunston, Sicily and Impey to come back into the side.

Hate to see a season ending injury happening at training.

Trying to look on the bright side, at least it wasn't the knee again as that would likely have written off all of next year too. And if we're going to lose someone of such quality from the side then at least it's from an area of the ground where we have depth and it's in a season where finals aren't happening for us.

Plenty of time to rehab it properly and hit the 2022 pre-season fresh and ready to go.

It's going to be a very high quality IN list for round 1 2022 with Gunston, Sicily and Impey to come back into the side.
My sentiments too.

Its obviously very disappointing but not a total disaster and fingers crossed he recovers in time for day one of pre-season.

Speaking of which, round 1 next year should be very interesting with not only returns of Gunners, Sic, and Jars, but continued development of all the players we are blooding this year. Should be a very different team to rd 1 this year.

My sentiments too.

Its obviously very disappointing but not a total disaster and fingers crossed he recovers in time for day one of pre-season.

Speaking of which, round 1 next year should be very interesting with not only returns of Gunners, Sic, and Jars, but continued development of all the players we are blooding this year. Should be a very different team to rd 1 this year.
It's been a weird year in terms of injuries. I don't know if the numbers back this up but intuitively it feels like we've had far less instances of injuries occurring to our players this season, but those that have been injured have been among our better players and their injuries have kept them out for longer periods of time.

My sentiments too.

Most clubs fans are bullish about best 22s heading into Round 1, but the reality is we'll likely pick up other injuries between then and now and will still be shorthanded to some degree.

What a season from Jarman, albeit a short one.

Was a fantastic Supercoach option for us fantasy nerds. Started the season at rookie price and pumped put a 90 average which is a massive career high.

For us he was huge on the rebound, clean with his disposal and formed a formidable partnership with CJ running out of defence.

Just imagine Impey and Sicily being added to the side who beat GWS on the weekend. Fun times ahead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a weird year in terms of injuries. I don't know if the numbers back this up but intuitively it feels like we've had far less instances of injuries occurring to our players this season, but those that have been injured have been among our better players and their injuries have kept them out for longer periods of time.

Agreed. Some clubs also seem to have been forced to use their game sub the whole time and it feels like we have hardly done that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back