Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

His move to the backline has really improved us. Astute recruiting.

Needs to work a little on his disposal at times though. Love his energy and pace !! And he has a great role model too...

burgoyneimpey.jpg

Of all the high priced duds port brought in they lost a player that probably would have hit through to finals, ironic
They didn't want to lose Impey he came back to Vic to be closer to family
Who they brought in, however.....

Im not sure where his ceiling is but im a fan.

Works hard, runs hard, hits hard and puts his body on the line.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fan of ceilings? Some might call you a ceiling fan, I've got a couple of those.

Very good game Saturday night. Says a lot about his character that he is willing to stand up in a big game when the rest of the team were deplorable (First half). Without him showing the way early, we would not have won that game. Would have been too far back to mount a serious challenge.

He was definitely keeping us in it when we were struggling in that first half. He actually took the game on, and looked like he was going to break it open a few times. If his disposal had been a fraction better he would have been best on by a mile. He was already fantastic with his defensive efforts and endeavour.

He was definitely keeping us in it when we were struggling in that first half. He actually took the game on, and looked like he was going to break it open a few times. If his disposal had been a fraction better he would have been best on by a mile. He was already fantastic with his defensive efforts and endeavour.
I thought the same re: his disposal, but then I wonder how much was his fault & how much was the result of $wans players blanketing their opponents, whom then couldn't give him much to kick to?

I don't remember too many horror kicks that missed open targets, more that he had it all to do himself & it didn't quite come off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the same re: his disposal, but then I wonder how much was his fault & how much was the result of $wans players blanketing their opponents, whom then couldn't give him much to kick to?

I don't remember too many horror kicks that missed open targets, more that he had it all to do himself & it didn't quite come off.

No he certainly butchered it a few times when the options were not that hard to find.

Tip of the hat to Jarman Impey. A fantastic addition to the side, improved all year and had a very capable, albeit not stellar, finals campaign in a side that was beaten twice.

Came in with little fanfare - derided by some Port fans (and possibly our own). However we have an unearthed a versatile kid who seems to want to play his heart out for us. Can at times fade out of games just a little, but I am sure that can be worked on. Has far, far more upside than downside.

Had a career best year with the Hawks (as most of his stats below show) - played in every single game also. Will play game 100 next year and isn't even 24 yet. Also seems like he is an absolutely ripping character off the field. Absolutely rapt that we brought him on board and very excited about what his future at the Hawks will bring.

upload_2018-9-17_9-40-30.png

Tip of the hat to Jarman Impey. A fantastic addition to the side, improved all year and had a very capable, albeit not stellar, finals campaign in a side that was beaten twice.

Came in with little fanfare - derided by some Port fans (and possibly our own). However we have an unearthed a versatile kid who seems to want to play his heart out for us. Can at times fade out of games just a little, but I am sure that can be worked on. Has far, far more upside than downside.

Had a career best year with the Hawks (as most of his stats below show) - played in every single game also. Will play game 100 next year and isn't even 24 yet. Also seems like he is an absolutely ripping character off the field. Absolutely rapt that we brought him on board and very excited about what his future at the Hawks will bring.

View attachment 559654

Have had a little bit to do with Jarman as part of my job and can confirm this. Proud Yorta Yorta man who is determined to be a role model for his people. Very, very driven young fella. And absolutely loves it at the Hawks.

Had a fairly solid year and happy with the pick considering what we paid, proved to be durable also. I don't think he will become an A grader like Clarkson suggested could happen 6 months ago though.

Ok season considering it was his first year at the club and in our system. Struggles a bit to hit targets when at full tilt. If he can tidy this up he will be very handy. Would like to see him end up going forward.

Last edited:
Exceeded expectations. Been good all year. Port has been a good hunting ground for us. Like his efforts, work rate and courage. If he tidies up his disposal has potential of being a gun. Want to see him in the forward half with Dylan Moore, Mozzie and Ollie Hanrahan next year.

Has been really solid, not a star recruit but certainly no squib either. Works hard, uses his pace and isn't afraid of the contest. Has also had a taste of life at both ends of the ground and probably did better in the unfamiliar surrounds of the backline

Will only improve with more time at the club

Had a fairly solid year and happy with the pick considering what we paid, proved to be durable also. I don't think he will become an A grader like Clarkson suggested could happen 6 months ago though.
Gee I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back