Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey

Milkshaker

All Australian
Nov 6, 2014
24 Barrack Street
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was absolutely wrapped getting Impey, seeing him in the juniors, he was an absolute jet especially as a small forward.

As much as I love him playing down back at the moment, he has even more upside as a small forward, trust me on that.

Would be bloody handy to have two of him though so we didn't have to pick where he played
Been wanting him to play forward all season. A mix of Impey Bruest/Wingard/Poppy would be exciting.

Much will depend on Birchall and Scrimshaw imo. Impey has made himself a bit invaluable down their atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

toomanysquibs

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
A lot of guys spend the ball before they get it, and don't get it.

Impey tears it out of the air, or a contest and is rebounding before the other guys have finished thinking. Or he's busting a tackle, or getting the ball forward.

Rebounds like a machine, first thought is to go forward.

His rate of improvement has been incredible, he's almost a Guerra clone, minus the laser beam left foot, but plus about 5 yards of pace.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Name a better small/rebounding defender in the comp. Impey has a huge vertical leap, sticky hands, an r rated tackle, can break lines and rarely seems flustered in possession. As a bonus he can go forward and completely annihilate teams when given the opportunity. No one outside of Hawthorn rates this guy but he's a genuine freak who is probably the most complete player on our list.
Jarman- you're a freakin' star

Hawk_francais

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Name a better small/rebounding defender in the comp. Impey has a huge vertical leap, sticky hands, an r rated tackle, can break lines and rarely seems flustered in possession. As a bonus he can go forward and completely annihilate teams when given the opportunity. No one outside of Hawthorn rates this guy but he's a genuine freak who is probably the most complete player on our list.
Jarman- you're a freakin' star
Hmmm I love Impey to high heaven but this is overstating things. There's plenty of incredible rebounding defenders in the comp. He's not yet at the level of Rory Laird or Jake Lloyd but he's building, and is also very versatile. It wouldn't surprise me if he's playing well in a completely different role in a few years.

Clarko said he'd be good, and it has been so.

jenniferHAWKinS

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hmmm I love Impey to high heaven but this is overstating things. There's plenty of incredible rebounding defenders in the comp. He's not yet at the level of Rory Laird or Jake Lloyd but he's building, and is also very versatile. It wouldn't surprise me if he's playing well in a completely different role in a few years.

Laird is a gun but Jarman is so much more explosive. Lloyd is a stat padder!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burner1

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. We could do with 3 of him. Just a gun - quick, hard, a great mark and takes the game on with ever improving foot skills.

SuperSic

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember in the preseason Axeman and HH, among other track-watchers were talking about how good Jars looked.

They could not have been more spot on with those predictions. Has taken his game to a whole new level.

Congrats to those guys on picking this up so early!

beta_condition

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Showed glimpeses last year and even early this year but now is putting b2b performances throughout the game, has the evasiveness of a red headed step child. I have full confidence he wont get caught when he arches his back and break the line off halfback now, unlike Breust when he tries to take the tackler on.

PenAndPaperJosh

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Laird is absolutely hated among the other crows defenders for his inability to actually man up. Impey is a much more complete player than loose one way running Laird

Slick

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The run and carry he gives us is incredible. He’s cleaned up his kicking for the most part too, which has really helped! What a brilliant pick up, our recruit in team should be knighted.

Top Bottom