Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Lakey even pushed him. Bartel's just a cheating campaigner.
Totally agree.
On the Jars incident, hope the footy world start talking about how to protect players being pushed/nudged whilst off the ground to take marks. However, don't think this will happen when a Hawks player is the victim.

Pushes like that happen all the time without issue. As someone mentioned above, this is a contact sport and we can’t be suspending people for stuff that was ultimately a freak accident. Free kick or a 50 for a push in the back (regardless of injury) is the extent of the punishment.
No they don’t the mid air push in back whilst air born from behind is tunnelling...very reckless and dangerous and stupid from the Geelong fool

I would be bitterly disappointed if the Geelong player didn’t flick him a - i’m sorry/wish u a speedy recovery text. Hopefully Jars makes a earlier than 12 month return. Has become an absolute star on and off the field.

I know it's a split second decision but in this situation Impey would have been better served to prepare for a rolling landing. I'm not sure if AFL clubs teach this but other sports (eg gymnastics) do as it's super important to know the correct way to land when put off balance.

Shattered for him. but also pissed off.

If Jarmen had tunneled Ablett, Selwood or Dangerfield he'd be at the tribunal tomorrow as they are names.

Geelong player does it to a 'no name' player at Hawthorn who cares says the AFL.

Now in saying that i'd also be pissed off if a Hawthorn player tunnels someone from Geelong not called Selwood, Ablett or Dangerfield... perhaps Hawkins as they are going better than us at the minute but yes it goes both ways.

This cannot be a situation where advertisements for the AFL live a different life to the rest of the players.

Totally agree.
On the Jars incident, hope the footy world start talking about how to protect players being pushed/nudged whilst off the ground to take marks. However, don't think this will happen when a Hawks player is the victim.

The victim mentality is alive and well it seems and you are not alone ITT.

Even after a performance like that people still want to moan? I dont get it.

Had a campaigner of a day and this was the rancid cherry on top.

This is just ****ed. Jars was having a massive year and he seems like an absolute champion clubman and quality human being. Injuries shouldn’t happen to any player - least of all someone like Jarman.

Hopefully he can attack rehab like he attacks a pack mark with the ball in flight and is back on deck ASAP.

All the best to Jars - having a stellar year and well deserved accolades .

Let’s hope the guys can do it for him over the next few weeks or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denise Impey from Shepparton has replied to a post on facebook blaming the Geelong idiot for the knee injury.... "the doctor said the push in the back mid air has caused the injury" ....PERHAPS you apologists excusing the tunneller should reflect on that

Jarman Impey's grandmother Denise Impey, the mother of his late father, responded to my fb post blaming the Geelong tool that tunnelled Jarman mid air and confirmed I quote her words "the doctor confirmed the push in the back caused the injury "........Geelong football club and the foolish tunneller need to be held to account for his recklessness

Absolutely gutted for Jars. He would be leading the Crimmins atm too surely.

Just hope he has a stellar recovery and hope to god that this ACL doesn't have lasting impacts on his game. My fingers are crossed.

And the Cat player who tunnelled Impey in that contest, Tom Atkins, can go screw himself. Love that no one in the media or tribunal are scrutinising the contact. Ruined a players season and I hope he feels like a right git.

Jarman Impey's grandmother Denise Impey, the mother of his late father, responded to my fb post blaming the Geelong tool that tunnelled Jarman mid air and confirmed I quote her words "the doctor confirmed the push in the back caused the injury "........Geelong football club and the foolish tunneller need to be held to account for his recklessness
Utter horseshit. There is no way possible a doctor could confirm that. His grandmother would understandably be pretty upset at his injury, but blaming the Geelong player is from emotion only, not logic. To use her emotional response as proof of your argument is even more ridiculous.

It's horrible for Impey to suffer the injury that he did, but there's no way that the slight push from the Geelong player should be reportable.

The AFL Tribunal rules already include the concept that each player owes a duty of care to every other player and umpires to not engage in conduct which will constitute a reportable offence being committed against the other player or umpire. In order to constitute a breach of that duty of care, the conduct must be such that a reasonable player would not regard it as prudent in all the circumstances. A player will also have breached his/her duty to take reasonable care to avoid acts which can be reasonably foreseen to result in a reportable offence.

The game is a contact sport, so to make the Cats' player's actions reportable would be to deny the essential and inherent nature of the game.

It's highly unfortunate that Impey was unbalanced by the contact and landed in such an awkward manner that resulted in a confirmed tear to his LCL and an all but confirmed tear to his ACL, but I doubt that Impey or any other player would blame the act of the Geelong player.

But I bet if a Hawthorn player did it, they'd get reported for conduct endangering or some other bs spin and this was unnecessary contact to a vulnerable player, it wasn't flying up in the air with him.... it was seeing a man mid air and shoving him from the ground. I do understand what you are saying, but the AFL wants to protect players, then maybe they should stop stuff like this which can be dangerous to more than just a knee... shoving a guy who is outstretched mid air is dangerous, it throws off natural balance. And quite frankly it is easy to officiate, are both your feet on the ground, are you shoving a guy mid air... free kick... reportable if you injure.... you know graded by degrees like all the head hits...I mean gee whiz ablett can whack any bloke in the head and it is all good.... so if you shove a guy mid air, and he lands safely.... you're all good (aside from free kick). If you shove a guy mid air and he gets injured, you face tribunal.

I'm not vilifiying the guy who did it, I agree was probably instinct, but much like the hitting guys high there should be ramifications if you hurt someone.

We've had some rotten luck with injuries this year. Maybe it's still a positive year for Impey though, he has taken a step forward and found a real position for himself off half back.

Who comes in for him? Teia Miles, Dylan Moore, Oliver Hanrahan are probably the like for likes. Maybe Jiath gets a debut?

Or maybe Ricky Henderson goes into defence now.

Jars will be back, champions write stories that only leave you more amazed when they unfurl.....how will the Cup look in his hands in 14 and a bit months time eh? I feel the goosebumps already.

Second-a-lee, I'm sort of hoping that Scrimmers can come in and play Jars role and that the back 6 is so settled we are forced to play Jarman on the wing or forward. Reckon seeing him flying around the forward 50 for an entire season could be cyril-esque and make our forward line delicious.
Look for it next season with Poppy leaving (IMO, no info.).

But I bet if a Hawthorn player did it, they'd get reported for conduct endangering or some other bs spin and this was unnecessary contact to a vulnerable player, it wasn't flying up in the air with him.... it was seeing a man mid air and shoving him from the ground. I do understand what you are saying, but the AFL wants to protect players, then maybe they should stop stuff like this which can be dangerous to more than just a knee... shoving a guy who is outstretched mid air is dangerous, it throws off natural balance. And quite frankly it is easy to officiate, are both your feet on the ground, are you shoving a guy mid air... free kick... reportable if you injure.... you know graded by degrees like all the head hits...I mean gee whiz ablett can whack any bloke in the head and it is all good.... so if you shove a guy mid air, and he lands safely.... you're all good (aside from free kick). If you shove a guy mid air and he gets injured, you face tribunal.

I'm not vilifiying the guy who did it, I agree was probably instinct, but much like the hitting guys high there should be ramifications if you hurt someone.
Witch hunt nonsense, if you're salty a Hawthorn player ever got done in for someone getting incidentally hurt than why be happy someone gets suspended for a push? Does it help us in any way? Will it stop AFL players from getting pushed in a marking contest? How many guys have gotten injured from a slight shove in the back the past few years?

It just seems like self absorbed, woe is me, poor Hawthorn talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back