Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great deal! Welcome aboard Jarman Impey.

These days, speed is kind. Impey brings pace, hardness and aggression at the contest.

thumbsAmmo03.jpg

I think this is a reasonable deal, if Jarman can improve his disposals it will be a great deal. To those that say 4th rounders are rubbish, just remember we picked up Mitchell Lewis and Harry Morrison with two end of 4th round picks. If next years draft is as good as some suggest the 4th rounder may result in a very decent return. I would have been happier if we had of kept our 4th, but fingers crossed he makes me eat humble pie.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this is a reasonable deal, if Jarman can improve his disposals it will be a great deal. To those that say 4th rounders are rubbish, just remember we picked up Mitchell Lewis and Harry Morrison with two end of 4th round picks. If next years draft is as good as some suggest the 4th rounder may result in a very decent return. I would have been happier if we had of kept our 4th, but fingers crossed he makes me eat humble pie.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mitchell Lewis could never play though

Solid pick up.
Over paid for him.... no.
We will shop older players at some stage & get back into the 2018 draft.
GW will be looking at multiple picks before the 4th anyway.
If I had to guess he would be looking at a first, second x 2nd & possibly a 3rd x 2 next season with a couple of trades to fill the void.
Future 4th in a "super draft"... meh.
Why load up on a "weak" draft???
We will only take 3. IMO anyway

Happy with how this could possibly play out at this stage.

22 year old with experience, tough, quick and knows the game. I think it's a fantastic trade, the kind of player that will compliment the changing game style of AFL

he's one of those players that will do something spectacular in the first 5 minutes and something else great with 5 minutes left in the last quarter and you will say to yourself "i didnt realise Jarman was actually playing today". Im just so glad it is now impossible for Hinkley to pick Jarman in the team no matter how much he wants to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's one of those players that will do something spectacular in the first 5 minutes and something else great with 5 minutes left in the last quarter and you will say to yourself "i didnt realise Jarman was actually playing today". Im just so glad it is now impossible for Hinkley to pick Jarman in the team no matter how much he wants to.
Well, he's played 75 games for you so he must have been doing something right.

Well, he's played 75 games for you so he must have been doing something right.
that was part of the problem i reckon, he was gifted to many games when he should have spent a year in the sanfl learning his craft, his selection was never really justified except on the basis of having the X factor, The reason why i would use him as a tagger is because his footy IQ isnt great so its better that he follows someone to the ball instead of trying to find it himself

Jarman Impey Instagram said:
Almost a year ago my dad, my best friend, my #1 supporter, the man who single handily raised me left this earth. Unfortunately my best football left with him. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to give you my best during the season. Sometimes the pressures outside of football can get a bit much. My perspective on life has changed and as important as football is to me, family will always come first. I am sorry if anyone is disappointed by this decision but I can assure you this decision has nothing to do with PAFC as a club. I can't fault this club, they've done more for me then I could ever ask! It's a great place to be; it is simply what I believe is in the best interest of both of us. I am ready for the new challenges ahead of me and feeling very grateful that Hawthorn, the football team that inspired me growing up has seen the potential in me and welcomed me to their club. Thank you PAFC for getting me through some really hard - dark times and for bringing me back home, I will always be cheering for you. I have without a doubt made life long friends during my time here in Adelaide, especially my team mates who I will miss tremendously ❤️ I'm ready to take on football and make the most of the job I'm so lucky to have. See you all next year
Much love Jars x

Classy kid!

welcome Jarman Impey, cant wait to see him in action for the Hawks, good age for our next generation of core players in their early 20's

P.S. that letter he wrote on instagram, shows that he has great character and respect for Port Adel which is admirable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back