Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Such a savvy recruitment. He has definitely flown under the radar when compared to the others we've brought in over the last few years, but he's definitely delivered and then some.

I knew he would be a good runner and probably a pretty good kick too, but the defensive and aerial sides of his game have been super impressive. Floating back into a big pack to take a clean, one touch overhead mark has become a signature play for him.

Seriously great pick up.
Going back with the flight into a pack to take a mark is the hardest skill in footy. Amazing that he has got so good at that aspect of the game this year. Hats off to him!

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This bloke could literally be anything. Remember watching him in the U/16 & u/18 age groups and his forward line pressure and work rate was immense for a small forward.

To convert him into an elite small defender has been exceptional as well, honestly think that he will eventually be moved back up forward for us.
I hope you are right. I would love him to be the Poppy replacement in time.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is it just me or does he resemble Josh Gibson in the way he plays his new role?

Could be way off the mark here but regardless he's really stepped it up this season and to be honest I think we've finally discovered his best place in the side.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This guy has become my favourite current-day hawk. Fearless in the air, tackles like a machine and takes the game on at every opportunity. His development from a 'moments player' (who'd drift in and out of games and hack the ball long without much subtlety) into an intelligent & creative leader has been an absolute joy to witness. Would be top 3 in our b&f at present.
Well done young man

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
This guy has become my favourite current-day hawk. Fearless in the air, tackles like a machine and takes the game on at every opportunity. His development from a 'moments player' (who'd drift in and out of games and hack the ball long without much subtlety) into an intelligent & creative leader has been an absolute joy to witness. Would be top 3 in our b&f at present.
Well done young man
And his confidence seems to be growing game by game.
I'm pleasantly surprised at the player he's become.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well done young man
Good call. Intercepts in defence, tackles well and rebounds well too. Very versatile and can be thrown in many places. Clarko would love him

Thought we might have tried him forward last week against the Tigs. Was so effective there against GWS. Need to try and get poppy prepared to play down back a little again if he keeps not hitting the scoreboard. Then switch the two mid game as required for matchup.s

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has been seriously good so far this year, the improvement has been out of sight. Can’t believe how dangerous he looked up forward against GWS after not playing there at all for the first 7 rounds. Perhaps when CJ breaks into the team we will send Jarman back down forward to replace Poppy. I think Chad would really appreciate having Impey down there too.

As others have mentioned, he is actually developing into a nice young leader too. Can see him breaking into the leadership group with Dimma and Worps in the coming years. Such a nice guy too, stoked for him.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has been seriously good so far this year, the improvement has been out of sight. Can’t believe how dangerous he looked up forward against GWS after not playing there at all for the first 7 rounds. Perhaps when CJ breaks into the team we will send Jarman back down forward to replace Poppy. I think Chad would really appreciate having Impey down there too.

As others have mentioned, he is actually developing into a nice young leader too. Can see him breaking into the leadership group with Dimma and Worps in the coming years. Such a nice guy too, stoked for him.
Thing that surprised me is how genuine Wingard and Impey are, Port really are missing out havign these two not at their club.

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yet another example of why this club will be back in contention for a premiership without bottoming out.
We have one of the best 2-3 Scouting to Performance programs in the league.

In just three seasons we have brought in:
  • Mitchell
  • O'Meara
  • Impey
  • Scully
  • Scrimshaw
  • Chad
  • Henderson
Just imagine who we will bring in over the next 3!

I just don't understand people who think we could be in a better position had we used those draft picks instead of trading.
It defies the evidence.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yet another example of why this club will be back in contention for a premiership without bottoming out.
We have one of the best 2-3 Scouting to Performance programs in the league.

In just three seasons we have brought in:
  • Mitchell
  • O'Meara
  • Impey
  • Scully
  • Scrimshaw
  • Chad
  • Henderson
Just imagine who we will bring in over the next 3!

I just don't understand people who think we could be in a better position had we used those draft picks instead of trading.
It defies the evidence.

Players you could classify as likely being in "the future" of hawthorn brought in since 2016:
mitchell
omeara
nash
morrison
lewis
cousins
impey
worpel
moore
ross
jones
scully
scrimshaw
wingard
reeves
kozi
walker

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Has really lifted this game this year, in many facets.
1) rarely drifts out of games now, like he did last year. He seemed to have a good qtr or 2 last year, then you'd barely see him. This year, it's not the case.
2) his marking has improved significantly. Seems a lot stronger overhead, or maybe more confidant overheard, this year.
3) Hes really adapted into the defensive end, and beating his opponents one on one, whilst also intercepting a lot more.

Not even sure if he's hit his ceiling in terms of development yet. So he could become even more of a jet yet.

Been a great trade in.

Back