Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Might be undersold outside the club and it's supporters, but is quickly becoming part of the fabric of the club.

Is a ripping fella, and is bound to be in the leadership group in time.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
haha, looks ok.

mate looks better than the scully trade and thats saying something
Too me these are the trades that matter. Finding unsung players who for whatever reason havent fulfilled their potential at their current club (Impey, Hendo, Mitchell and going back further Hale, Guerra, Gibbo) and turning them into guns. These kinds of of trades have a greater say on the success of your club than the big blockbuster trades for "stars".

He's close to our F+B.

Has played in quite a few positions and done well. For most of our team being down o form hes having a great year

Genuinely a shame we don't have two of him. He's one of the few blokes in our team who have been able to get out on a lead and take marks in forward 50.

Another sensational game and at this rate he might be starting to overtake Hendo as the PCM winner this year.

He’s becoming a huge crowd favourite also which is great to see/hear at games. Close to my favourite Hawk at present - absolutely love the way he goes about it.

Another sensational game and at this rate he might be starting to overtake Hendo as the PCM winner this year.

He’s becoming a huge crowd favourite also which is great to see/hear at games. Close to my favourite Hawk at present - absolutely love the way he goes about it.
My daughter calls him aquaman

Really good reader of the flight of the ball. Always seems to be positioned right where it's going to land. This also leads to him being in a situation where he could get cleaned up, yet somehow seems to take the mark more often than not. Underrated for his courage.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
I thought a late 2nd rounder was par for him at the time, looking like a very shrewd trade by us this one in hindsight.
Agreed.
I didn't think much of the trade at the time, but he's exceeded most of our new recruits in their first season at the club (except Mitchell).

Look out when we've got Scrimshaw/Birchall on the opposite back flank to spread the load for rebounding.

lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
His last qtr yesterday was incredible.

Talk about punch above your weight.

Love what he is bringing to the table each week. Even when we have looked flat at times he is up and bouncing about.

Reminds me a huge amount of chance Bateman and also Guerra at the same time if that makes sense.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Blokes like Jarman backing into contests to take contested marks are what inspires a football team to reach greater heights.

Really do need two of him, one to play forward one to play back.

Agreed.
I didn't think much of the trade at the time, but he's exceeded most of our new recruits in their first season at the club (except Mitchell).

Look out when we've got Scrimshaw/Birchall on the opposite back flank to spread the load for rebounding.
and yet a certain carlton fan still insists we paid overs for him and lumps that trade in with the Wingard and O'Meara ones

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
and yet a certain carlton fan still insists we paid overs for him and lumps that trade in with the Wingard and O'Meara ones
Sigh.

BigFooty:

1. You have to give quality to get quality. (But if you do you've 'sold the farm')
2. Can't expect to improve as a team unless you get lots of high talent from the draft (yet the teams that have gone whole-hog on this all sit in the bottom 6 on the ladder and have done so for the best part of a decade).
3. Hawthorn have exploited Free Agency more than anyone. (We've lost a lot more than we've gained)
4. Free kick hawthorn.

Sigh.

BigFooty:

1. You have to give quality to get quality. (But if you do you've 'sold the farm')
2. Can't expect to improve as a team unless you get lots of high talent from the draft (yet the teams that have gone whole-hog on this all sit in the bottom 6 on the ladder and have done so for the best part of a decade).
3. Hawthorn have exploited Free Agency more than anyone. (We've lost a lot more than we've gained)
4. Free kick hawthorn.
but you also have to remember that no one is quality while wearing brown and gold, only before they come of after they leave

Could see him potentially leading the club at some stage if he continues on this development trajectory. Clean, no-nonsense, brave and inspiring. Haven't seen enough of his media work to know about how he'd go as the face of the club.

He would be a perfect co-captain if we ever went that way. Partner up with Jaeger.

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Could see him potentially leading the club at some stage if he continues on this development trajectory. Clean, no-nonsense, brave and inspiring. Haven't seen enough of his media work to know about how he'd go as the face of the club.

He would be a perfect co-captain if we ever went that way. Partner up with Jaeger.
No co captains.
You are either captain or vice captain, perhaps two vice captains. You can only follow one leader at a time.

Clarko challengers impey to go to another level last year. Told him that he could be an a grade player. Clarko certainly has an eye for talent because he was 100% right about impey. Is an a grade player now.

Jarman Impey is quickly making me less concerned about Silk retiring soon.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was absolutely wrapped getting Impey, seeing him in the juniors, he was an absolute jet especially as a small forward.

As much as I love him playing down back at the moment, he has even more upside as a small forward, trust me on that.

Would be bloody handy to have two of him though so we didn't have to pick where he played

Back