Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was absolutely wrapped getting Impey, seeing him in the juniors, he was an absolute jet especially as a small forward.

As much as I love him playing down back at the moment, he has even more upside as a small forward, trust me on that.

Would be bloody handy to have two of him though so we didn't have to pick where he played
Been wanting him to play forward all season. A mix of Impey Bruest/Wingard/Poppy would be exciting.

Much will depend on Birchall and Scrimshaw imo. Impey has made himself a bit invaluable down their atm.

A lot of guys spend the ball before they get it, and don't get it.

Impey tears it out of the air, or a contest and is rebounding before the other guys have finished thinking. Or he's busting a tackle, or getting the ball forward.

Rebounds like a machine, first thought is to go forward.

His rate of improvement has been incredible, he's almost a Guerra clone, minus the laser beam left foot, but plus about 5 yards of pace.

Name a better small/rebounding defender in the comp. Impey has a huge vertical leap, sticky hands, an r rated tackle, can break lines and rarely seems flustered in possession. As a bonus he can go forward and completely annihilate teams when given the opportunity. No one outside of Hawthorn rates this guy but he's a genuine freak who is probably the most complete player on our list.
Jarman- you're a freakin' star

Name a better small/rebounding defender in the comp. Impey has a huge vertical leap, sticky hands, an r rated tackle, can break lines and rarely seems flustered in possession. As a bonus he can go forward and completely annihilate teams when given the opportunity. No one outside of Hawthorn rates this guy but he's a genuine freak who is probably the most complete player on our list.
Jarman- you're a freakin' star
Hmmm I love Impey to high heaven but this is overstating things. There's plenty of incredible rebounding defenders in the comp. He's not yet at the level of Rory Laird or Jake Lloyd but he's building, and is also very versatile. It wouldn't surprise me if he's playing well in a completely different role in a few years.

Clarko said he'd be good, and it has been so.

Hmmm I love Impey to high heaven but this is overstating things. There's plenty of incredible rebounding defenders in the comp. He's not yet at the level of Rory Laird or Jake Lloyd but he's building, and is also very versatile. It wouldn't surprise me if he's playing well in a completely different role in a few years.

Laird is a gun but Jarman is so much more explosive. Lloyd is a stat padder!

Up there with Henderson in the BnF you would think.

His stats since leaving Port are mind blowing. Brilliant player to watch

Our great clarko team had some versatile utilities. Class mids are one thing but ‘press panic for silk’ type players, we are still finding them. Jarman could well be one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the last 4-6 weeks has seen Jars overtake Hendo as the PCM leader. Has been absolutely electric.

Only 23 too - imagine how good this guy is going to be in a few years’ time.

Showed glimpeses last year and even early this year but now is putting b2b performances throughout the game, has the evasiveness of a red headed step child. I have full confidence he wont get caught when he arches his back and break the line off halfback now, unlike Breust when he tries to take the tackler on.

Laird is absolutely hated among the other crows defenders for his inability to actually man up. Impey is a much more complete player than loose one way running Laird

The run and carry he gives us is incredible. He’s cleaned up his kicking for the most part too, which has really helped! What a brilliant pick up, our recruit in team should be knighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back