News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well before the whole social media fiasco his body was cooked. The guy would literally sneeze and do a soft tissue injury. The game has also passed him by. 100 + kilo full forwards have been passed by the 200 cm wiry and athletic forwards such as the King twins and Naughtons. We will support his transition away from football but he has definitely played his last game with us. Wish him well in his future endeavours

FWIW I sort of agree with you. Definitely on the injuries. Four rounds in and 100kg forwards are dominating...

Attachments

• 22A844E8-4BC6-48D3-B293-FE91130D9D56.jpeg
    22A844E8-4BC6-48D3-B293-FE91130D9D56.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 226

Good outcome - glad he is off the list. Hopefully he has learned something.

Makes me appreciate what Roughy did for us even more - a good big man like Rough would be so valuable in today’s comp.
I don't know Jon but the sound of his behaviour points to something pretty deep in him. You don't just learn a quick lesson and move on. I hope he understands his actions and their impacts and is able to continue to work to change his behaviour for good.

It's a shame to see someone with so much potential have their career largely derailed due to persistent, brutal and repeat injuries. No one likes to see it and I don't envy being in his shoes, despite the large pay cheques at times. The consistent injury layoffs would have wracked him with self-doubt and isolation. Not fun.

For the Hawks, the punt was worth it owing to the small price we paid. Didn't work out but shouldn't discourage the club on looking for bargains in future. For every Tyrone Vickery/Jon Patton there's a Burgoyne/Gibson. Further, with our list now, we want to be pushing young forwards and Patto was out of that age range.

Onwards and upwards hopefully for both Jon and the Hawks.

All the best, Jon.

Hopefully you can get your life back together.
Not sure there's much more that can be added to this. So pre-empting this thread spiralling out of control regarding what actually took place, I think we'll call this one done.

His behaviour and actions are his to own and deal with. Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back