News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

4NKLRfN.jpg

Dibs on new avatar :p

Just having him stationed in the goal square is going to completely improve the dynamic of our forward line. All our forwards will benefit from his presence. Very excited to see the new look line up in 2020.

I'm very keen to hear the pre-season reports from The_Axeman this year.

Could be boom, bust or somewhere in between.

The optimistic me is looking forward to Jon Patton and Mitch Lewis in 2020.

Just imagine if the Hawk's runners were sprinting forward and kicking long bombs to the top of the square....
.... and we were happy about it....

Just imagine if the Hawk's runners were sprinting forward and kicking long bombs to the top of the square....
It will make a nice change from the previous 3 years of bombing it long to a 5 foot 9 Poppy!

For some reason that strategy was never a sucess......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say it every year, the wait from grand final to trade period is tough, the excitement of who we can pick up...then the long wait for an Axeman training report is unbearable. why can't the trade period be the day after the grand final and round 1 be on october 1st.

Good result for player and both clubs. Although this looks like a steal it is a win/win because GWS achieves its goal of clearing space for the salary cap which they did successfully last year too. That way they get to hang on to their tier 1 players like Coniglio and (most likely) Whitfield. They certainly have tightened their strategy after losing some good players a few years ago by being more flexible (realistic) and a bit bolder. Something the folks at Tullamarine can learn from.

Patton is going to straighten the team up quite a bit given we have struggled with F50 entries and converting for the past couple of years. Missing out on Coniglio isn't as bad as it may have seemed now and we go into the draft with a pretty strong hand......unless, of course, Wright and Clarkson pull out another Wingard deal on the wire. Who knows.

No need to change our current game plan then.....bomb it long into the fwd line 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back