News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Hawthorn seem to take great care on what sort of personalities they bring into the club, yet they manage to bring someone like John Patton into the club.
I am shocked at our due diligence tbh. Whoever was running that part did a horrible job

TD I have not seen any videos or images and it seems they must be rancid and therefore impossible to ignore. However, it bothers me that these are out in the public domain for us to see, when surely this has got to be illegal. Once it’s out there you can’t take it back. She also needs to be held to account as part of an informed and balanced judgement.
Nah they're the public videos on YouTube. Just validates a few of the stories going around.

I really don't think there is any onus on Hawthorn to do right by Patton if he is found guilty of sexually harassing, from what it looks like, dozens of women.

If we are considering external perceptions of Hawthorn, I think it would be smarter to steer away from standing by a guy that exhibits this type of behaviour.
As a club we are in a players market, and how we manage and take care of them in these moments is paramount to good culture and the continual need to find/add players to the list.

For that reason alone, I do not think we will just tear up his contract and toss him.

I am shocked at our due diligence tbh. Whoever was running that part did a horrible job
What did you want the club to do, ask to see his “sent” folder? 😂

No but we supposedly pride ourselves on bringing in the “right” people and enhance careers. The GWS recruiting escapade has blown up in our face. Reality is if you have vandenberg, hodge, Lewis, Mitchell leading the pack your standards regardless of your recruiting team define your culture. Not today.

Maybe call up a few of the boys, get a feel for what they enjoy doing. I wonder if anyone even picked up a phone and made some calls.

We make such point of bringing in strong characters to the club, this would be a massive wake up call to some senior members at our club. Wright would just be overseeing data in and trusting what is presented, same for clarko.

Based on everything coming out this is so much worst than is being presented.

Hawks gave him a chance, a lifeline and he didn’t take it on professionally. This is the elite level ffs and as a mature age recruit I think Club and Patton need to move on but Hawks need to fulfil their responsibility to get him mentally right.

I am sure we don’t know the full storey as these guys are targets as well but he is a dumb arse with his approach looking for love. Patton needs to buy some Rick Stein DVD’s, learn how to cook a nice French dish, with some nice wine, over a candle light dinner. A lot of women would be impressed and more obliging ..... instead of being lazy, videoing and sending s**t while sitting on his fat arse and hoping that’ll do!

As a club we are in a players market, and how we manage and take care of them in these moments is paramount to good culture and the continual need to find/add players to the list.

For that reason alone, I do not think we will just tear up his contract and toss him.
Honestly, if he is not gone after this i will eat my hat, this is so much worst then what the papers have.

Look at our latest Instagram post and kennet their for the first session, that's a statement.

TD I have not seen any videos or images and it seems they must be rancid and therefore impossible to ignore. However, it bothers me that these are out in the public domain for us to see, when surely this has got to be illegal. Once it’s out there you can’t take it back. She also needs to be held to account as part of an informed and balanced judgement.
The interview i have seen is a club one where another GWS player is interviewing Patton about not eating icecream for 100 days when the messages kicking around about him suggest the reference to 100 was really in relation to reaching another milestone. This is when he was 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks gave him a chance, a lifeline and he didn’t take it on professionally. This is the elite level ffs and as a mature age recruit I think Club and Patton need to move on but Hawks need to fulfil their responsibility to get him mentally right.

I am sure we don’t know the full storey as these guys are targets as well but he is a dumb arse with his approach looking for love. Patton needs to buy some Rick Stein DVD’s, learn how to cook a nice French dish, with some nice wine, over a candle light dinner. A lot of women would be impressed and more obliging ..... instead of being lazy, videoing and sending sh*t while sitting on his fat arse and hoping that’ll do!
Last time the big lad tried to cook he spilt oil on himself and missed a couple of games 🤷🏽‍♂️

Get rid of him now. We need a change of culture rapidly.

The youth like Day, Hardwick, Greaves, Worpel, Finn, Downie, DGB, CJ, are gonna carry this club fwd. Not flogs like Patton.

Just reminds me of Vickery. Just go.
Nah, I reckon we rehabilitate him.

It will take a big presser where he has to read a statement and tell the world how ashamed he is of his actions and that he will be getting help, but he has to face this head on now, and he’ll need the clubs support.

Stand him down, give him a good sized fine, suspend him for 6-8 weeks and then support him with whatever legal ramifications he has to face.
I will be surprised if we just cut him loose to find his own way out of this mess, and I think that would ultimately look very bad for the club considering that what has been unveiled has shown to be a long and historical issue that he needs serious help with.

Nah, I reckon we rehabilitate him.

It will take a big presser where he has to read a statement and tell the world how ashamed he is of his actions and that he will be getting help, but he has to face this head on now, and he’ll need the clubs support.

Stand him down, give him a good sized fine, suspend him for 6-8 weeks and then support him with whatever legal ramifications he has to face.
I will be surprised if we just cut him loose to find his own way out of this mess, and I think that would ultimately look very bad for the club considering that what has been unveiled has shown to be a long and historical issue that he needs serious help with.

SYL - read the room mate...he is goneski.

Just matter of timing now - Hawks look for window when other news takes headline and he becomes an afterthought.

He needs to admit to his role in this pallava and ask for rehab, otherwise he will not change.

SYL - read the room mate...he is goneski.

Just matter of timing now - Hawks look for window when other news takes headline and he becomes an afterthought.

He needs to admit to his role in this pallava and ask for rehab, otherwise he will not change.

How does the room know what’s going to happen? It’s all guesswork at this point.

If he really is on the edge we cannot cut him loose to fend for himself, but we can’t afford to keep him as a player either.
Was he recruited as part of the grand Coniglio plan?

To be fair, some of the biggest bombshells of all this are screenshots of texts from who I assume are people that know him / team mates, describing the extent of his behaviour. If it’s remotely true, the boy has some problems.

There seems to be a lot of posts round here referring to Pattons form, weight, injuries, etc, and that this is an easy out for us.

I think this is a completely different issue to what’s happening on field, particularly when you learn it’s been happening since he was a kid.

If he’s goneski, which I think he is, we have to accept that any other player on our list, including Will Day and JOM would also go down for this exact same stuff, and therefore his form is completely irrelevant.

I find it funny that our supporters are so quick to spout off about the Hawks being "the family club". But the reality is that families aren't all rainbows and lollipops. Families are most important when times get tough. They stick by you, support you, help you work through your challenges, and come out a better person the other side.

I hope this is what the Hawks do. No individual is bigger than the club. JP is not going to drag the clubs to rags and ruins and, if he can pull it all together over the remaining 18 months of his contract, could be an excellent role model to young blokes in how to turn both your on and off field performance around.

If it happened on social media or the web, it can all be identified pretty easily using OSINT.
Its staggering what is available with the right tools.

Just wondering, those saying Jon going in to hospital is a cop out, do you know how hard it is to get a mental health bed in a hospital (even private), unless you already have a mental health plan, or you've been attended by emergency services?
A mental health plan can take months to be implemented, and you can't just walk up to a hospital on mental health grounds.

He's either self harmed, or he has been seeking treatment before all this.

Hardly a cop out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back