News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will strip some kgs from him to take the presssure off the knees I have no doubt on that.
Apparently he's already dropped a bunch of weight (I think it was 103kg down to 96kg) so he should be ready to go.

I think the deal is about right. I wouldn’t say a steal at all. You can’t sugar coat three knee reconstructions.

We can only ask for consistent weekly performances. Similar to Scully who didn’t exactly set the world on fire either. Patton is not the focal point in 2020. A handy second fiddle forward to Lewis nevertheless.

KOLOKOTRONIS
It's a steal any way you look at it IMO. Most clubs won't even use a fourth round pick, so if you're effectively bringing in someone with the potential Patton has for a throw away asset, I'd say that's the definition of a steal. Regardless of injury history.

722777.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very much still wondering whether clarko has the bollocks to play Macca/Cegs/Patton/TOB/Lewis/Gunston/Nash in the same team
I think clarkson has some plans in the works to take advantage of 6 6 6. Contested bulls in the middle with Ceglar rucking. If we lose we have a tall backline and mcevoy behind the ball to intercept mark the rushed kick. If we win we have Patton and Lewis as targets with Nash and Obrien jumping on their heads and Bruest, Gunston, Wingard at their feet.

Really going to play in the air and the stoppages.

Very much still wondering whether clarko has the bollocks to play Macca/Cegs/Patton/TOB/Lewis/Gunston/Nash in the same team

If he does it is probably because Chip, Frost, KO, Scrimmers and Sicily are all injured...

We will strip some kgs from him to take the presssure off the knees I have no doubt on that.
Opposition coaches will need two very large KPP defenders just to cover Patton and Lewis, together they are going to cause some problems for oppo coaches. Ice that with Gunna and Timmy O, nice cake!

We seem to be pushing towards a taller team, Clarko has a new plan I am sure. We will become the best marking team in the comp next year, it is the way to beat chaos footy.

I wonder if we try to play the way we did in 2012

If our record with injury prone players is anything to go by, I'm looking forward to seeing how the big guy goes. I was a big fan during his under-18 days but hasn't really had the opportunity to show that talent

Welcome General Patton to the greatest footy club going round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back