News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOB probably more cemented down back now, as was planned two years ago. Swingman roles up-forward should be a less regular occurrance for Timmeh...
He is the most logical choice to go back if Patton stays injury free. But gee - was pretty sweet in our last couple of games as a forward.

Maybe he can bring a forward craft brain back to Defense

TOB probably more cemented down back now, as was planned two years ago. Swingman roles up-forward should be a less regular occurrance for Timmeh...

I'm not 100% sold on that. He got a real consistency up forward in the last 5 matches he played that year - 12 goals 6, averaged 2 contested marks and almost 3 marks inside 50 a game.

The cheer when he takes his first mark inside 50 in the brown and gold is going to be good. Even bigger if it's a contested, pack mark and he follows it up with a goal. Can't wait!

Agree, I'll take it a step further and say that unless there are injuries, the majority of the football down back that TOB plays will be at Box Hill. That's no sleight on Timmy either, just that our KPP depth was significantly bolstered.

Well we had buddy, rough, hale and gunston all in the forward line in our glory years and that worked out pretty well. I think it can work out and give defenders headaches in the air, lewis O'Brien and gunston are pretty mobile for their size. Park JP in the goal square with bruest and chad at his feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the general can regain his best touch and mesh well with Lewis then we're going to score heavily. For what he cost to get in and the impact he can possibly have he's an absolute free hit for us. I'm absolutely licking my lips at the thought of a fit General teaming with an ever improving Lewis getting on the end of midfield work by Mitchell, O'Meara, Wingard and Worpel and co.

Well we had buddy, rough, hale and gunston all in the forward line in our glory years and that worked out pretty well. I think it can work out and give defenders headaches in the air, lewis O'Brien and gunston are pretty mobile for their size. Park JP in the goal square with bruest and chad at his feet.

Which resulted in Jack Gunston being matched up on Zac Dawson in a GF. We all know how that ended...

What do people think the signing of Patton means for our forward set up? Can we play Patton, Lewis, Gunston and O'Brien in the same forward line? If not, what happens to the odd man out?
Well, do you remember Buddy's Box?

Welcome to Patton's Pentagram.

I’m personally looking to Easter Monday when he rag dolls a completely cooked Harry Taylor. Similar to Hawkins on Schoenmakers.
For all the great forwards we’ve recently had, none of them were the overpower you type that decimate a defenders confidence.
Buddy was an athletic beast with freakish goal sense, Roughy the most agile big forward going around below his knees and Gunston touched you up with forward craft as game sense.

Watching Patton throw blokes around will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back