Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Yep. I was thinking retirement.

4 weeks in hospital for mental health. Not many pro sportsmen would come back from that, and that's not taking into account his impending charges. He's done.

Agreed. Sounds quite serious sadly.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Yep. I was thinking retirement.

4 weeks in hospital for mental health. Not many pro sportsmen would come back from that, and that's not taking into account his impending charges. He's done.

There is a reason he's taking the mental health issue path and it has nothing 2 do with mental health unfortunately. Just means a bigger payout.

2 put it into layman's terms I'm often a ******* as seen on this site, jon has me covered as being a ******* on other sites where nudity and sexual acts 2 him is the norm.

There is a reason he's taking the mental health issue path and it has nothing 2 do with mental health unfortunately. Just means a bigger payout.
Don’t talk rubbish.

Hospitals don’t just admit people and let them stay in there for weeks.

Lots of s**t takes in this thread, but you might have them all beat with this one.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers

2 put it into layman's terms I'm often a ******* as seen on this site, jon has me covered as being a ******* on other sites where nudity and sexual acts 2 him is the norm.

I think this has merit, as soon as all the Patton news broke I predicted it was only a matter of time before he went off with mental health, said it to my mates.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Buddy used the mental health break to cover for some serious stuff. Not suggesting that Patton has done this, just pointing out that it's been used to cover/deflect before.

Buddy used the mental health break to cover for some serious stuff. Not suggesting that Patton has done this, just pointing out that it's been used to cover/deflect before.

In your opinion.

It’s almost as if having a hugely impactful negative story about you in the national media, your career being in jeopardy and possible police investigation/legal charges might push some people to a breaking point.

It has been used before, but I'd say it's the exception not the rule. It's probably also the case that one thing has caused the other and that the s**t storm around his actions has impacted him mentally - ultimately it's his own fault, but almost everyone deserves a shot at rehabilitation.

He needs to talk to investigators now. This is dragging on, and we need to move on. Plus we need to know what we're doing re list spots. Fk him off.
Even if there’s resolution in terms of the investigation, he’ll be on the list this year. We won’t be axing a player months after an alleged suicide attempt (if that’s what it was).

thank god that we as a society are starting to take mental health in young men seriously and bastions such as zack are here to lend their hand

I am genuinely envious of those who’ve never experienced mental illness either themselves or seen someone close to them battle it - must be a really nice headspace to be in outside of the utter ignorance.

GerryLewis

All Australian
Nov 10, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
It’s almost as if having a hugely impactful negative story about you in the national media, your career being in jeopardy and possible police investigation/legal charges might push some people to a breaking point.
Spot on Ned. I have bit to do with mental health at work and I can be pretty categorical in saying there is NO WAY a hospital will accept a voluntary patient for a month if it's 'playing the mental health card'. Hope he gets better so he can finally speak to investigators and the process can finally get moving.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spot on Ned. I have bit to do with mental health at work and I can be pretty categorical in saying there is NO WAY a hospital will accept a voluntary patient for a month if it's 'playing the mental health card'. Hope he gets better so he can finally speak to investigators and the process can finally get moving.
I'm of the belief that those with minor episodes are discharged within days.
This must be serious.

Substance abuse and addiction is a mental health issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back