Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Josh Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought that, based on what I've heard from practice matches, McGuiness would have had a larger impact tonight.

But good on him for debuting in the brown and gold, particularly playing in a notoriously difficult position to impact from. Hopefully now has some ideas on what he needs to work on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent effort for the youngest kid on our list to get a game so early. Shows how highly the boss rates him.

Not quite got the tank to get to get to as many contests as he probably would have liked but fought like a tiger when he did.

Keep that chin up young fella, you've been replaced by a future hall of famer in Breust. Nothing shameful in that at all.

I wish the coaching staff would’ve kept him in the team so he can learn the forward craft from Breust.
He might have been due for a rest. Young guys don’t have the preseasons under their belt to withstand lots of games. Some
Cope but most don’t. I’m sure he will get his chance in the near future.

Tbf the way we play with our forward line isn't going to suit a medium forward in his first season unfortunately

He just isn't good enough at this stage full stop though, can't tackles can't do the basics well at this point. Really hope we have VFL football next year so players like this can get some development.

He got a taste, and will now be hungrier than ever. Love his energy and attack on the contest. We've got something to work with here.
It's really early & he has another year so he's got time, but I don't see anything remarkable & certainly not (yet) a player that should be playing AFL.

I hope he smashes it next year & forces us to play him, but if we're to be a good side, he won't be contributing with his current traits.

He just isn't good enough at this stage full stop though, can't tackles can't do the basics well at this point. Really hope we have VFL football next year so players like this can get some development.
You should watch more of him before making assessments like "can't tackle" or "can't to basics"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back