Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine the commentary:
Main commentator: Will Day has it, kicks it to Ward.
Special comments: Toward who?
Main Commentator: What?

BT: Wowee, look at those boots Ward is wearing!! What a shame he wasn’t part of the Calder Cannons footy factory. Once you’re done eating that pen, Richo, could you tell us what private school Ward went to?

All the while Jason Bennett is at home crying into his beer.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tall Tales and True

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, West Ham Utd,
I don't recall much being said about his captaincy credentials; much of the hype was about how good a leader Hobbs was/would be.

Hold on, Capt Vic Metro, Capt NAB Team of the Year: what does that say about his presence, professionalism, discipline & work ethic?

He, clearly, has the respect of his peers and his coaches.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't recall much being said about his captaincy credentials; much of the hype was about how good a leader Hobbs was/would be.

Hold on, Capt Vic Metro, Capt NAB Team of the Year: what does that say about his presence, professionalism, discipline & work ethic?

He, clearly, has the respect of his peers and his coaches.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely bossed the Metro v Country game linked above as well. Went head to head with Hobbs and playing second fiddle to Daicos and was clearly best on field.

The last Hawthorn player taken with pick 7 in the draft turned out to have a pretty good career.

I see Ward being similar in a way in that he will likely play as an inside/outside midfielder. :D

images

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Looking forward to seeing what he can do, hope he has a long & prosperous career for Australia's #1 sporting club.

Am I the only one who thinks as a slightly smaller, not dramatically athletic midfielder with reputedly great decision making & kicking skills his selection bears the hallmark of Sam Mitchell insisting on drafting a player similar to himself?

Nothing wrong with that mind you, Ward seems a safe choice and the idea of drafting a footballer as opposed to an athlete I find appealing.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do, hope he has a long & prosperous career for Australia's #1 sporting club.

Am I the only one who thinks as a slightly smaller, not dramatically athletic midfielder with reputedly great decision making & kicking skills his selection bears the hallmark of Sam Mitchell insisting on drafting a player similar to himself?

Nothing wrong with that mind you, Ward seems a safe choice and the idea of drafting a footballer as opposed to an athlete I find appealing.
No I think that is a massive stretch in thinking. Sam insisted we draft a mini me? Come on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back