Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Realist

Senior List
Feb 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Questions have to be raised as to why the club used pick seven on a guy who already had concussion issues at such a young age. Especially in this day and age when concussion is treated far more seriously than in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Questions have to be raised as to why the club used pick seven on a guy who already had concussion issues at such a young age. Especially in this day and age when concussion is treated far more seriously than in the past.

What concussion issues did he have pre-draft?

I thought he'd barely played any football for two years?

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Its round 14 in his first season , reckon it might be worth a wait and see first .

These questions need to have been raised BEFORE he had this concussion. Otherwise you're just a hindsight hero.

Slainte

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Way too much concern regarding Ward. He was not my choice for our first pick but I have been happy with his progress so far. I expect the concussion issues will sort themselves out. The reality is that footy is a contact game and that means the head gets a shake up from time to time. The medical consensus supports a conservative response and I am fine with that. I don't doubt that is also how his parents would want it.

You must really REALLY hate Hawthorn so much. Did a former hawk skin your favourite cat and put it in a curry?

Realist

Senior List
Feb 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
These questions need to have been raised BEFORE he had this concussion. Otherwise you're just a hindsight hero.

That’s the job of the recruiters who get paid the big bucks to make the right decisions.
I do think we have the right to question whether or not we have the right people making these decisions given the club’s recruiting performance since the 2015 flag. The lack of success on the field points to the fact that we don’t.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That’s the job of the recruiters who get paid the big bucks to make the right decisions.
I do think we have the right to question whether or not we have the right people making these decisions given the club’s recruiting performance since the 2015 flag. The lack of success on the field points to the fact that we don’t.

Questioning the recruiters would be the last thing I would be doing . Most of selections in the past 3 years look like winners .

I like that you’ve just highlighted to everyone that you don’t know who was making the calls up until 2021.

Secondly, any type of “realist” wouldn’t be declaring that we should have won any flags between 2015 and now.

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania

For God's sake he had one bad concussion.
He's not Robinson Crusoe.Tons of other players would have had similar issues pre AFL career and gone to successful careers.
As usual, you're just being a drama queen.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Firstly best wishes to Josh with his life and well being, that’s the most important thing.

He is young and hopefully he has a good career in his chosen path of footy and ends up playing plenty of games in the brown and gold. Other players in the game such as Brayshaw have had these issues and have still done well so 🤞 but we just have to look after him properly

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Hobbs looking pretty solid to

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Imagine if we didn’t pick Buddy at pick 5 because of maybe he had an attitude or if we picked Selwood just after having a knee reco instead of Thorpe?

I am sure the Hawks recruiters do a professional job, consider all factors and make the best call on who to pick and our medical department are doing the same thing.

What r u on ….lack of success since a three in a row
Are you serious ?!!

Hobbs looking pretty solid to

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
We’re doing this s**t in June of Ward’s first season, are we?

FMD.

What r u on ….lack of success since a three in a row
Are you serious ?!!
Having won 4 this century (22 years) that means an average of a flag every 5.5 years.
It has been 7 years since our last.
We are behind schedule.

🙂

I wonder how they feel down at Moorabbin? 🤔

Back