Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies if this has been posted already, but hadn’t seen it. Here’s what happened to Ward

After watching that more closely I hope the young lad learns from the experience. As soon as you grab the ball and feel a tackle sink, drop your arse and stay low, be grounded as soon as you can ……. with the right technique a small fckn s##t like Stack should not be able to do that ffs!!!!!! I hope our coaches are teaching and highlighting this to young Josh for his long term development and longevity playing in the middle.

After watching that more closely I hope the young lad learns from the experience. As soon as you grab the ball and feel a tackle sink, drop your arse and stay low, be grounded as soon as you can ……. with the right technique a small fckn s##t like Stack should not be able to do that ffs!!!!!! I hope our coaches are teaching and highlighting this to young Josh for his long term development and longevity playing in the middle.
Mate, he thought he'd marked it but it was called not 15, by the time he'd realised and heard bloke had both his hands wrapped up, picked up and dumped on the ground.

Cripps 195cm (95kg) was dumped like a doll by ******* Marlion Pickett not long ago, technique goes a long way.

Mate, he thought he'd marked it but it was called not 15, by the time he'd realised and heard bloke had both his hands wrapped up, picked up and dumped on the ground.

Cripps 195cm (95kg) was dumped like a doll by ******* Marlion Pickett not long ago, technique goes a long way.
Have a look at how many steps he was being pushed backwards before he was actually dumped? Instincts should have kicked in much earlier! It takes a split second to drop your arse towards the ground. Anyway done a fair bit of training in a few different disciplines where I still (sometimes 😄) mix it with youngsters 10-15 kg heavier ………. maybe I am being a bit harsh but it’s just something that I noticed from visualising being in that situation of being driven backwards that way. Only wishing Josh the best.

And surely Cripps’s middle name isn’t ‘Albert’ or ‘Isaac’.

Last edited:
Have a look at how many steps he was being pushed backwards before he was actually dumped? Instincts should have kicked in much earlier! It takes a split second to drop your arse towards the ground. Anyway done a fair bit of training in a few different disciplines where I still (sometimes 😄) mix it with youngsters 10-15 kg heavier ………. maybe I am being a bit harsh but it’s just something that I noticed from visualising being in that situation of being driven backwards that way. Only wishing Josh the best.

And surely Cripps’s middle name isn’t ‘Albert’ or ‘Isaac’.
Horrible take and clueless take, Ward tried to stand up in the tackle and get the ball out which as a footballer is your responsibility you have no such responsibilities in martial arts, Stack's front leg was planted right behind Wards leg tripping him, when Stack felt ward losing his balance he then decided to dump tackle Ward with the mometum. Gutless action by a campaigner.

Last edited:
I think it’s a mixture of 1) Ward being off balance/not excepting the tackle leading to him being forced back 2) only 18/19 so not being able to break the tackle or get his arms up to flick the ball out and 3) Stack being a massive dog following through like that

Can’t wait for the likes of stack and all the other useless richmond players to fade into obscurity once their 5 good players retire - would like to see a bit of a line in the sand style game against these feckers later this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see him get back at BHH. Will be better for the run
I thought he was super impressive when he had the ball, and the amount of times he got ignored when he was clearly the better option and player (to kick inside 50 for example) was ridiculous.

Said in the match thread, if i see another VFL spud ignore him i am gonna scream.

Also again with the ball, by hand really clean and really sharp, he moved really well and showed good speed and was stepping players often. Kicked really well and worked hard running wise.

I'd bring him in this week for Shiels.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but hadn’t seen it. Here’s what happened to Ward

But that’s not the incident where he got concussed.

I thought he was super impressive when he had the ball, and the amount of times he got ignored when he was clearly the better option and player (to kick inside 50 for example) was ridiculous.

Said in the match thread, if i see another VFL spud ignore him i am gonna scream.

Also again with the ball, by hand really clean and really sharp, he moved really well and showed good speed and was stepping players often. Kicked really well and worked hard running wise.

I'd bring him in this week for Shiels.

Playing vfl is a lot Harder then giving advice from your couch while watching it.

Playing vfl is a lot Harder then giving advice from your couch while watching it.
Nah man, the amount of times he'd worked his ass off up and down the ground to make an option and was ignored it was ridiculous. He was often an option as the short 45 (alot of the time into the breeze) instead we bombed inside 50 and it held in the breeze and then got intercepted, brought to ground/rebounded.

The one or two times i can remember us giving that short 45 we ended up getting it into his hands and he hit Jeka inside 50.

I’d be surprised if he’s not in this week.

The Box Hill write up on the club site suggests he and Morris were the ones that impressed the most.

128c02969fbcf7b2cdd89ea9fc68ac69.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back