Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Your club wins this off season... So much entertainment and this pick alone is so good you COULD NOT even script it if you tried, and here we are.
Has anyone confirmed this bloke exists?
I'm wondering that also, mate :D It would not surprise me if, by the time they had got around to our picks, most of the clubs had already started passing and had gone home so we could simply make up a name and the few that were left were none the wiser. At that late in the draft, we're talking about blokes who are kicking footballs around with their mates at the local park so it's not impossible a few names would sneak in that people hadn't heard before.

It's even funnier because the kid wasn't on anyone's radar as a draftable kid. I spoke to a mate involved down at Calder and he has always been a ruckman, only just learning the craft as a forward. Wasn't an automatic selection at Calder, had to fight for game time.

Looks like the perfect project player, you'd think with his physique and body composition he could really excel in an environment like ours.

Haha I have to admit I laughed when I saw his name

Jordan Lewis jumper number - 3
Sam Mitchell jumper - 5
Mitchell Lewis jumper number - 8?

I'm pretty happy with the "types" we got - a tall and a half back. After getting two new Rolls Royce mids this is what we needed more of. Good luck to both of them. I would say the club is majorly keen on Pittonet stepping up and that Hodge Crawf Burgoyne Matthews Tuck Knights is the new project player

Hopefully Glass or Morrison can step up as half backs

Interesting that they are pushing Burton more and more into that role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's even funnier because the kid wasn't on anyone's radar as a draftable kid. I spoke to a mate involved down at Calder and he has always been a ruckman, only just learning the craft as a forward. Wasn't an automatic selection at Calder, had to fight for game time.

Looks like the perfect project player, you'd think with his physique and body composition he could really excel in an environment like ours.

He spoke to about 8 other clubs during the year so there was a bit interest. For someone who has always been a ruckman I am super impressed by his 33 possession 4 goal game this year. Wrighty also said his contested marking is really good as well. We might have something here.

Was fortunate enough to watch this lad at Assumption from years 10-12. Begun as a very raw key forward after not playing much junior footy, however in the space of 3 years has already developed a lot. Can take a big grab, crashes packs and can kick a bag. Possesses some good tap work too when required in the ruck. Needs to work on his consistency and obviously put on a lot of size, however with the improvement he's already shown and his large scope for improvement I think you guys have a really exciting prospect here
Thanks. Ability to learn and develop. That's what you want with any pick but particularly with late ones

I like this .....

Mitchell Lewis

Name: Mitchell Lewis

Jumper number: 53

Height: 198cm

Weight: 92kg

Junior club/s: Wallan/Whittlesea

Year joined Calder: 2014

Position: Key forward/ruck

Best Calder memory? Playing every game I could as a bottom-ager in 2015.

Best overall footy memory? Winning the school football flag in year 10.

AFL player I try to model my game on: Josh Kennedy (West Coast)

What I love about the Cannons: Teammates.
Have we picked this kid up as a bottom anger and could he have played TAC next year as he is listed at 17 y/o?

Sounds a bit like another Grimley type project player, the ruckman / forward, give him time and see how he comes along, good luck to the lad, it's a longer journey and they are far more hit and miss but I always get the most excited about KPP prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back