Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he has a slight drop off this week, now that he’ll be coming onto opposition radars a lot more and has had an ego stroke. He’s young, and he’s big, and young big blokes take longer and can be inconsistent. Even erratic. But we must stick fast and be patient with him.

threesixpio you might find this comparison useful in the future...

This is an interesting tool, I know stats aren't everything and a lot of opposition supporters used to use this site to prove in their minds that player x/y/z was better than Cyril.. But Mitch's averages stack up pretty well against those young hyped Carlton forwards

I also used it to see how Worps has stacked up against the top 5 mids drafted in his year, great stuff

This is an interesting tool, I know stats aren't everything and a lot of opposition supporters used to use this site to prove in their minds that player x/y/z was better than Cyril.. But Mitch's averages stack up pretty well against those young hyped Carlton forwards

I also used it to see how Worps has stacked up against the top 5 mids drafted in his year, great stuff
I like this comparison alot more, last time I made it I got called delusional, clueless, bias and a dumb campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a good tool for calibrating for your inherent biases. It's easy as a Hawk supporter to get excited about the prospects of Worpel and Lewis. So this is a fairly unbiased way of comparing them now to similar players at the same age who are now stars of the comp. Of course it's no guarantee that they'll actually end up that good, but it's a hell of a lot better than just going purely off gut feel.

It's also a great tool for winding up the simpler opposition supporters.

If you haven't read Conor Nash's article about Mitch on the Hawk website, do yourself a favour.

Beautiful article - it says as much about Nash as it does about Lewis.

Nash said Lewis was a great temmate from day one. Yet lewis himself said he had too many wraps on himself in the beginning. Modesty I suppose?

Nash said Lewis was a great temmate from day one. Yet lewis himself said he had too many wraps on himself in the beginning. Modesty I suppose?
I spoke to Nash for a little bit at one of the player sponsorship events last year. I walked away with the strong impression that he probably doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone. Incredibly warm and friendly in a very genuine way, as opposed to a "I have to be nice to the guests".

Great to hear. Key forwards need a healthy dose of swagger. Being a gun at everything his hand eye must be elite. He also has a big appetite to improve & id be interested to know when he started taking footy seriously as there could be an immense amount of growth to come still.

Great to hear. Key forwards need a healthy dose of swagger. Being a gun at everything his hand eye must be elite. He also has a big appetite to improve & id be interested to know when he started taking footy seriously as there could be an immense amount of growth to come still.

He plays off scratch. I'd hate to see what he does to that little white ball when he attacks it with his Big Bertha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back