Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

For the third consecutive week Lewis has kicked three goals in the VFL playing as the forward/second ruck.
How does he go in the ruck?

Win the odd tap or just make up numbers? What are his 2nd efforts & ‘around the ground’ attributes like?

How does he go in the ruck?

Win the odd tap or just make up numbers? What are his 2nd efforts & ‘around the ground’ attributes like?

Saw Lewis Mitchell today v Coburg for the 1st time - quite impressed.
Good taps to advantage both centre square and Boundary throw-ins.
Dangerous in forward 50 and again 3 goals - last one with the last kick of the day after the siren.

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saw Lewis Mitchell today v Coburg for the 1st time - quite impressed.
Good taps to advantage both centre square and Boundary throw-ins.
Dangerous in forward 50 and again 3 goals - last one with the last kick of the day after the siren.

Hey BigX

How does Lewis go when the ball hits the ground. Is he alright below his knees, and is he mobile enough to exert some forward pressure.

How did Nash go today. How did he get his goals and how was he around the ground

Cheers

Hey BigX

How does Lewis go when the ball hits the ground. Is he alright below his knees, and is he mobile enough to exert some forward pressure.

How did Nash go today. How did he get his goals and how was he around the ground

Cheers

Will reply in BHH thread :)

Hawks81

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was really impressed with ruck work yesterday. Was a bit quite early but had an instant impact when he went into the ruck.

This kid is the real deal, easily the best kpp/relieving ruckman we have drafted since Nathan Thompson.
Wow, big call , I hope you’re right ... he does seem to be developing very quickly! Great sign for a key Forward

Back Pocket Rocket

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2005
Twolves, Burnley, Canberra Raiders
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Burnley
I was really impressed with ruck work yesterday. Was a bit quite early but had an instant impact when he went into the ruck.

This kid is the real deal, easily the best kpp/relieving ruckman we have drafted since Nathan Thompson.
So he's up against Grimley. Not the best sample size:p

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Keep in mind he only started playing for BHH mid last year after some early injury problems. His development in under 12 months has been good.

This is the bit that is so pleasing for mine. Young bloke, had a few injuries, but already starting to show consistency as a key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
I noticed Saturday as well that he was heavily bandaged on both legs. His left leg was bandaged / taped up from ankle all the way up to his thigh and right ankle was heavily taped as wel. Remember thinking how much it would all impact his mobility. Still played very well in the ruck.

I wouldn’t be rushing him into the seniors too soon though, let him keep building more confidence and game time through box hill

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I noticed Saturday as well that he was heavily bandaged on both legs. His left leg was bandaged / taped up from ankle all the way up to his thigh and right ankle was heavily taped as wel. Remember thinking how much it would all impact his mobility. Still played very well in the ruck.

I wouldn’t be rushing him into the seniors too soon though, let him keep building more confidence and game time through box hill

Mitchell Lewis at training...

plus-size-mens-mummy-costume.jpg

Reckon he might be the only bloke giving Sic a pat on the back this week.

Would be a big chance to debut now.

If the guy can compete in the ruck it’s TOB that need to be worried.
You just know that Clarkson will not have given up on TOB as a fill-in defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back